Autumn Buicks

JohnD1956

There is something about the sunlight once we get into September. They always look better:

7-09%20001.jpg

My wife and I had a talk this morning. Health problems started in February and it looks like the cars will have to go. I will probably wait until spring to offer them for sale, although someone who really wanted one could preempt the schedule.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

It appears that many of us have had similar ideas! We have had a fantastic late summer / autumn here in the Pacific Northwest, and the leaves are just beginning to turn here in the Puget Sound area near Seattle. I shot these photos last Thursday. There's not much fall color, but it was fun to shoot some photos!

John, your photos of the '56 with that historic church are fantastic!

Click each image to see a larger version:

post-30629-143139222111_thumb.jpg

post-30629-143139221048_thumb.jpg

post-30629-143139221057_thumb.jpg

post-30629-143139221064_thumb.jpg

post-30629-143139221069_thumb.jpg

post-30629-143139222104_thumb.jpg

Edited by Centurion (see edit history)

Guest Jack Stacey
I stopped at a local church for a photo op today. Thought some may enjoy a New England fall:

That '56 is awesome. I really like that cream color.

There is something about the sunlight once we get into September. They always look better:

My wife and I had a talk this morning. Health problems started in February and it looks like the cars will have to go. I will probably wait until spring to offer them for sale, although someone who really wanted one could preempt the schedule.

Bernie

Bernie,

Now that's no way to be! You start giving up the things that keep you going and you stop going! Still time to think about it! Keep your head and your spirits up! Matt

Just want to say thanks for the positive comments on the 56. I do love that car. But I love the other photos too. The reatta looks awesome against the trees Keith, and Dan, your Roadmaster is one of my favorite cars. But no one can dismiss Brians Centurion. Sweeeeettttt! And Beries 60 is just so great! Plus you got that great big picture too. How did you do that Bernie?

Don, I thin kI can speak for the folks here, lets see one of your 62. I hope there's some opportunities left this weekend. Heavy rains today threaten to lead to early winter photos instead of peak fall ones.. LOL

Went to an All Auto and Truck Show in Canton, MA today (10/20/12). As you can see, we don't have peak colors quite yet...should happen within the next 7-10 days, though.

post-55892-143139224163_thumb.jpg

post-55892-143139224445_thumb.jpg

Edited by DShip (see edit history)

John, that is the lake at Tallulah Gorge State park, about an hour north of us.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g35300-d256196-Reviews-Tallulah_Gorge_State_Park-Tallulah_Falls_Georgia.html

thanks Dave,

not mine but some of my favorite 54 fall color pictures

6e_3.jpg

e4_3.jpg

rb_002808tonal21FallatTuscany.jpg

rb_002821tonalCFallatTuscanys.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Everyone's "Buicks in the Fall" pictures are certainly of calendar quality! I agree that there should be a thread like this every year.

John..particularly great pic's of the GS within the fall leaves. Canton, MA is just 5 to 8 miles southwest of Boston and part of the South Shore/Cape Cod region. Western MA is already full of colors.

Lamar.."Black Beauty" looks great. Sorry to hear that its been sold, but I'm sure its in good hands. There are very few BCA and even ROA members that collect this 7th generation "Baby Riv". You know I happen to be one of them (I've owned two).

Went to an All Auto and Truck Show in Canton, MA today (10/20/12). As you can see, we don't have peak colors quite yet...should happen within the next 7-10 days, though.

That's such a nice car. ALL the cars in this thread are BUT you rarely see the 90-93 Rivieras in such nice shape and in a setting where their styling really shines!

Bryan...thanks for the compliment! I have yet to see another of this style Riv at any of my local area cruise-ins (MA, RI). The only time I do see 4 to 5 together is at each year's ROA National. There were only two (one being mine) at the BCA National this year and only one at last year's National, if I remember correctly (mine).

Bryan...thanks for the compliment! I have yet to see another of this style Riv at any of my local area cruise-ins (MA, RI). The only time I do see 4 to 5 together is at each year's ROA National. There were only two (one being mine) at the BCA National this year and only one at last year's National, if I remember correctly (mine).

It's a shame you don't see them more. On an average month, 4 or 5 or more will pass through junk yards down here. They were demoted to just another used car around here. Driven to death and then junked when they stopped.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner