Autumn Buicks

JohnD1956

This picture isn't up to the standard of the others in this thread, but here's the last picture of the '41 Roadmaster this year, as I was just about to put it into winter storage on Sunday. As you can see by the tree in the background most of leaves are finished here in Ontario.

Keithpost-77136-143142818358_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Very nice pictures John!

Got the 78 Wagon out today to get it cleaned up and take it for a run as it hasn't moved very much this summer.  These pictures are taken in and around Stanley Park in the heart of downtown Vancouver.  The first picture was taken at the historic Sylvia Hotel on English Bay and the second taken in the park towards the golf course and tennis courts.

post-95511-0-32731300-1444606518_thumb.jpost-95511-0-55433500-1444606534_thumb.j

• Like 4

So now the colours are changing I can contribute to this thread again!

I've been driving the Electra this weekend, and since it was such a nice afternoon here in Toronto, I took it down to the base of the Scarborough Bluffs for a few pictures. It was very busy there, but I was able to get a couple of nice pictures with the Bluffs in the background. Those folks that have been following my thread about this car might be sharp-eyed enough to notice that the hood looks more yellow than the rest of the car. Your eyes do not deceive you. I have the touch up and most of the buffing done on the hood, and some of the front fenders, but the rest of the car is still to be done. The colour and gloss has come back quite well, but because the paint is extremely thin, I'm going very carefully so as to not polish down to the primer.

These Bluffs are made of clay, not rock, and as such are subject to erosion. At one time houses were built quite close to the edge, but when enough of them went off and down the slope to the lake, the city stepped in and converted the area to parkland.

Keith

post-119367-0-30157900-1444607083_thumb.post-119367-0-40859300-1444607106_thumb.

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Thanks Dale.  I always smile when people comment on the tire situation.  I agree with you.  I love it with blackwalls.  People do not expect to see it like that. 

But on to todays subject.  It was mid 70's today with forecasts calling for major changes the rest of the week,  so I took the GS for a little ride to snap a picture or two.  Hope these please a few of you.

xgallery_77230_255_32578.jpg

x

gallery_77230_255_134571.jpg

x

x

• Like 1

xgallery_77230_255_12597.jpg

x

gallery_77230_255_150620.jpg

x

gallery_77230_255_353592.jpg

x

This trip went right past that little ice cream stand which held that Cruise In I posted a few weeks ago.  They close for the season tomorrow.  The small ice cream was like a xtra large today

med_gallery_77230_255_177741.jpg

x

This road is Rt 10 in NY.  It reminds me of driving RT 97 in Oregon, last summer when we got the Electra.  Didn't even know about it till two weeks ago

gallery_77230_255_12328.jpg

gallery_77230_255_66889.jpg

Like before though, Rt 20 is the way home.  I hope to get all the cars out for one more shot at a few pictures this fall.

gallery_77230_255_21028.jpg

But if not, I'll end with this one...

gallery_77230_255_82606.jpg

• Like 8

Derek, the color in the photo is probably off.  The color combination (paint code 574) is actually Carlsbad Black lower with Pearl Gray Metallic upper.  Wheels are black with silver stripes.  Your combination is probably paint code 576 which was Monterey Blue Metallic lower and Pearl Gray Metallic upper.  From the looks of your photo, your blue is probably pretty close to the original color.  The only other two tone combination with blue is paint code 585, and the the lower blue on that one is called Nightshade Blue, which sounds pretty dark.  I like the looks of your combination.!

Dave

Frost warnings for lower Michigan in a couple of days, so....... time to tuck the Buicks away till the snow melts next year.  Now, if there was only a way to figure out how to convert that woodpile into gasolene........ :rolleyes:

attachicon.gifDSCN3664.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN3665.JPG

Not only was there frost on the pumpkin last night there was snow on the car this morning.  Brrrrrr

Interesting comment.

Everyone who rides in it can't beleive how well it rides, especially on dirt roads, and rides best with 4 people in it.  No rattles either.  Buick had it figured out even back then.

I'm certain the large tire diameter has lots to do with it but there are no 'shocks', just the internal friction of the leafs for dampening.

This is Tipsico Lake Road, so old and narrow at most points with high wooded sides you have to nearly stop to let the oncoming person squeeze by.