Autumn Buicks

JohnD1956

I agree w/ Thriller. That thief did take nice pictures. Probably brought the car back when it was time to fill the gas tank.

Well, You would not have it any other way would you? LOL... Dandy Dave!

It's been tough finding good spots for pictures this year. Not cause the trees are dull, just cause I can't seem to find photogenic sites. But I did capture these two of the last two days:

tn_img_0833_original.jpg

tn_img_0838_original.jpg

We had the '56 Roadmaster out for a 60+ mile tour today. It was supposed to be a vintage car tour, but I was the only one that drove any vintage iron! Everyone else was afraid of the weather! We had a nice drive in the country, visited a car and toy collection, then lunch and home.

Keith

Some years everything is so vivid... Other years the leaves change, and the hard rains come, and knocks them off before we can get any photos of worthy measure. Life in the not so great North East. Dandy Dave!

Yes, I was worried that yesterdays' rain would knock off a lot of leaves, but thankfully, it didn't :D

Some years everything is so vivid... Other years the leaves change, and the hard rains come, and knocks them off before we can get any photos of worthy measure. Life in the not so great North East. Dandy Dave!

Very nice shots! I took the Electra out yesterday to take advantage of some of the nice weather we have been having here in the PNW. As you can tell, the leaves have not really turned yet, but the rains are coming so that was likely my last and best opportunity. It was challenging finding trees with any color other than green!

post-52370-143142771972_thumb.jpg

The 56 Packard is not mine, nor do I know the owner, but he always leaves it parked on the street in this block as it's his daily driver I believe. Very sharp car.

post-52370-143142771954_thumb.jpg

post-52370-14314277196_thumb.jpg

post-52370-143142771966_thumb.jpg

Hey, thanks to everyone for their kind remarks. It is a great season in the Northeast and I enjoy taking the pictures and I always look forward to your pictures too. I should really invest in a better camera. Maybe after this year is over. Anyway, today I ran into another decent spot but only had my cell phone so these pictures are not the greatest, but I hope you enjoy them anyway.

post-31834-14314277513_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143142774982_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143142775019_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143142775041_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143142775063_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143142775085_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143142775107_thumb.jpg

Dandy Dave, I noticed that YOU have the BUICK hub/grease cap lined up JUST RIGHT in the 2nd. pic's. You did good!

Loving all these shots, now if the SUN would come out, I will shoot some of my MODIFIED 1941 Limited. Let the purist SCREAM, hehe. Scallops may be in the future, maybe,,,,,, Mr. Earl.

Dale in Indy

JohnD: How do you go about posting your photos as large as they are. Mine are always the usual small click on them photos ? Could you school some of us on how to go about it?

I will be glad to write up a new thread for that. It can be confusing. So it will take a few days to get the wording right.

Here are some pic's taken today of my modified, 1941 Limited.

I'm a bit arty, so build what I like, seats are 6 colors of Ultra Leather, headliner is 3-D in the shapes of Buick sweep spears. Plenty of back seat leg room, hehe. Note front bumper is a pieces off a 42 Buick, the '1941' is styled after Buick literature. I cut 2" off the middle upper tops of the bumper guards. I made the gravel panels out of aluminum, and bead rolled to add strength, front and rear, all inter fender panels, firewall, and engine side panels are aluminum too. Pictures are in our drive/yard.

Dale in Indy post-67970-143142785014_thumb.jpg

post-67970-143142785004_thumb.jpg

post-67970-143142785008_thumb.jpg

post-67970-143142785011_thumb.jpg

Thank You, it is on a rake of approx. 1-1/2". Wheel base was stretched to 142" from original 139", all due to keeping rear control arms at original lengths. The control arm brackets are up and into the frame kick up, so such required the added 3" in wheel base. I cut the inside of the frames out to get in and weld brackets, then welded back, so you can't see where such was cut/welded. Then slots were cut in the kick ups to allow control arms to move up and down. I loved Fab-ing the frame to hold new parts. The main frame is still 80% original.

Dale in Indy

Time to feature my favorite Buick Year model.....a 1957 Century in Champaign, Illinois. Our subdivision pond. [ATTACH=CONFIG]276984[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]276985[/ATTACH] Thanks for the opportunity. J.R.

Your car's color combination really pops in that picture! Nice car... nice spot.

Here are a couple of pictures of my '56 Roadmaster taken last weekend (Oct 18). A local car club I'm a member of had a fall tour, and though the colour and the weather weren't perfect, it was a nice drive through the countryside. One picture is my car beside a friend's '30(?) Cadillac, and the other in front a small cemetery, that sported some of the better colours I saw on the tour.

Keithpost-77136-143142795003_thumb.jpg

post-77136-143142794998_thumb.jpg

Edited by Buicknutty
Spelling (see edit history)

Here are a couple of pictures of my '56 Roadmaster taken last weekend (Oct 18). A local car club I'm a member of had a fall tour, and though the colour and the weather weren't perfect, it was a nice drive through the countryside. One picture is my car beside a friend's '30(?) Cadillac, and the other in front a small cemetery, that sported some of the better colours I saw on the tour.

Keith[ATTACH=CONFIG]277039[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]277040[/ATTACH]

Keith, pretty car, pretty "colors" too.;).............TJ55