1940 C25 engine with trans

Guest hitmans.army

Guest hitmans.army

I am swapping out my L6/3spd for a 383/727. It is still in the car running and driving about every other day. All I have done to the engine is put on a 12v Chevy alternator (will not come with it), changed the plugs and wires, changed the oil pump and pan gasket.

It DOES NOT have the oil filter assembly. Like I said, it is a running driving set with the L6 and 3spd trans with OD. It has the B&B 1bbl with original oil bath air filter, original generator (was working before I went 12v), extra set of points and condenser, still has the fan glass bowl pump and glass bowl fuel filter. If you need it, I will also include the driveshaft.

I am located just outside of Phoenix AZ. I am starting the disassembly of the front end to remove the engine this weekend. If paid in full via paypal, I can bring as far as Dallas TX (I will be going to Dallas on Dec 23rd). I can drop it along the way which will be at night, but will only drop it off when I am going through as I have a certain time I have to be there and it will be a tight schedule, so be prepared to unload it late and quickly if that happens.

Shoot me an offer and maybe we can figure something out. I cannot download pictures as I use school computers, I can however send pictures from my cell.

Guest hitmans.army

Yeah, I did the measurements before I decided for sure. Going to run a front and mid plate, mounted on GM trans mounts instead of solid mount. That will get rid of having to deal with a limiter for forward movement, and I am building my own headers to have the back two cylinders on the driver side wrap over the steering column. For the additional room, I am going to run without the mechanical waterpump. I am going to make a block off plate and run a frame mounted electric water pump.

• 1 year later...
Guest 1940windsor

Well, Ill be da**ed. I couldn't access the old account, so made a new one. The car and I are back in Oregon. Life threw a few curve balls, so I am behind on my game. But it is still being worked on. Went with a Omni rack and pinion. Built a bolt in cradle that uses the original belly pan holes and bolts.

post-99359-143142405031_thumb.jpg

post-99359-143142405027_thumb.jpg

post-99359-14314240503_thumb.jpg