REMEMBER WHEN?

Guest frazer51

Guest frazer51

How many remember when the mode of transportation, bikes, scooters, golf carts etc, was not the issue? Oh just so we don't have to put up with all this mud. Are we happier, reallypost-61302-143139212907_thumb.jpg?:confused:

post-61302-143139212903_thumb.jpg

I think that up hill shot was heading towards my spot. I know I'm in the minority but I kind of miss the grass fields, even when they did turn to mud sometimes.

In my view, a flea market is on the grass and a car show is on the pavement. No matter how you look at it; Hershey is still great. 360 days to go.

As seen on a vendors sign..." October is for Hershey the rest of the year is for waiting".

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

Those pictures sure bring back a memory! What year are those from?

I was able to attend Hershey once in 1976 when I was a teenager.

My Dad was helping man the Classic Motorbooks tent,my job was to stay in the trailer parked next to the tent at night to keep an eye on things, which was a great adventure for a 15 year old!

I remember the seemingly constant rain and mud, mud everywhere!

I don't remember the rain or the mud to bring anything to a halt. Everyone was open for business.

For me the pavement is easier to walk on. I have problems with the tendons in both of my feet. It is much better now than years ago. But with the pavement I can wear my Croc sandals and not beat my poor feet to death. Soft ground is the death of my feet. Walking on sand in my bare feet is out for the rest of my life. Puts too much strain on those ailing tendons. I wear sturdy lace-up boots when I judge on a grass show field like Hershey has.

We have been to Hershey when it snowed and I had eight layers, yes I said eight layers, of clothes on and when it was in the high eighties and when it rained. And I still want to come back every year. We already have our campground site reserved for next year. We will be staying at a different place next year. Better quality place for less money. Slightly longer drive, about fifteen minutes more, but will be well worth it. The name of it is Twin Grove RV Resort and Campground. It is surrounded by a state park. Here is the link if anyone is looking for somewhere to stay during Hershey. It is a great place for families with kids of all ages. LOTS of things to do. :D

Twin Grove Park Campground Pine Grove, PA

Guest frazer51
Those pictures sure bring back a memory! What year are those from?

I was able to attend Hershey once in 1976 when I was a teenager.

My Dad was helping man the Classic Motorbooks tent,my job was to stay in the trailer parked next to the tent at night to keep an eye on things, which was a great adventure for a 15 year old!

I remember the seemingly constant rain and mud, mud everywhere!

I don't remember the rain or the mud to bring anything to a halt. Everyone was open for business.

I believe that those were taken sometime in the mid eighty. It is difficult for me to remember exactly since I've been a regular visitor at the show from 1972 till 2002. Ebay has made it easier on this old body. For years we were in a spot where people were coming and going. We met a lot of them just by being friendly, maybe a place to rest or something to drink, or just conversation. This is what I really miss.

I've only attended Hershey since 2004; one year, the White field was across Hershey Park Drive and another year, the car corral was over there. Those were the only times I walked on the grass. I think walking on pavement is far easier. Unfortunately, my feet hurt terribly this year. I've never had any trouble before but by early afternoon, I could barely stand it. I've worn the same kind of gel sole sneakers every year. When I got back to my hotel in late afternoon and took off my sneakers, I could not put any weight on my heals at all, yet by morning, they were fine - at least for a couple of hours. I have a doctor's appointment on the 25th and am definitely going to ask him about it.

Yes, I had seen that one Mike. Still amazes me, how well dressed everyone was back in 1962. Lots of good history in that video.

Sorry, I missed you this year. I got a couple pictures of your blue beauty though, which are posted in the gallery.:)

Wayne

Edited by R W Burgess (see edit history)