Hershey 2012

Guest buicker

Guest buicker

I just arrived at hershey for the first time and looking at the program iam a bit overwhelmed. I was hoping all the buick stuff was in a similar location. Any tips for negiotiating the buick stops would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jay

Guest BigDogDaddy

If all of a particular brand was in the same place, you'd miss most of the event. I believe the spots were originally sold on a first come first serve basis, and many of the vendors have had the same spot for a lot of years, while others came and went.

I offer one suggestion. You have the program which list many Buick vendors by category; however, as you posted on Pre-War we assume that is your interest. I think the BCA tent has a list of Buick vendoors which should be more acurate and Brian has also listed most vendors he knows on a thread above. So I would mark those on the maps provided in the Program and then plot routes that will mimimize your walking. You will likely still get distracted as you find vendors that sell literature, tires, polish, etc., so do not get discouraged. You might try the BCA National next year if you want Buick only vendors.

John

Guest buicker
I offer one suggestion. You have the program which list many Buick vendors by category; however, as you posted on Pre-War we assume that is your interest. I think the BCA tent has a list of Buick vendoors which should be more acurate and Brian has also listed most vendors he knows on a thread above. So I would mark those on the maps provided in the Program and then plot routes that will mimimize your walking. You will likely still get distracted as you find vendors that sell literature, tires, polish, etc., so do not get discouraged. You might try the BCA National next year if you want Buick only vendors.

John

Thank you, I did use your suggestion and found a few items but I did have to give up looking for parts and I tried to see a bit of everything hershey has to offer. I knew it was massive but until you witness it, you just don't really have a gauge for how long it takes to get around. Next year I will have a better idea but I really did enjoy it so that's all I can ask. I do have a deeper respect for the people on this forum that that have helped me out with their knowledge and occasionally parts, I always knew they were invaluable but going to Hershey has solidified my respect for people who take time out of their day to help someone just starting to learn about these wonderfull cars. Thank you again everyone. Jay