Hershey Money-Making Ideas

Guest Mochet

Guest Mochet

Here are some ideas for Hershey entrepreneurs; things I've not seen there:

- Dr. Scholl's shoe inserts.

- A place that sells good-tasting, healthy food (not that I totally reject deep-fried butter, but a tasty salad would be nice).

- Tee & sweatshirt stand that will print anything (within reason) such as "Metz Parts Wanted" or '57 Chevy Bumpers Needed" or "1929 Ford Coupe For Sale. 555-2234".

Any other ideas?

Phil

Guest daytona

Rent a bench, I would gladly give 25 or 50 cents to be able to sit down while eating or just for a few minutes between rows. I don’t understand why there are almost no benches (compared to the number of people). I guess it’s impractical but if they had about 50 or so plastic benches or even flipped over milk crates it would be better than sitting on the ground and then trying to get up again. I love Hershey even if they never get benches, and I realize that many people work really hard to make it happen so I can’t really complain.

I like the rent a bench idea, especially since I started having back trouble a couple of years ago. Even walking, my back gets tired and I have to sit every once in a while. And food - the only food I buy at Hershey is fries. I have not eaten anything else there that has been anywhere near decent, so I keep a cooler in the car and make my own lunch. It's cheaper and gives me a chance to sit and relax for a few minutes as well.

Although most of us veterans to the car shows pretty much know this like the back of our hand, some of the new people (plus those who just plain forget) might not have brought along a fire extinguisher for the show field. Seems to me this would be practical not only for an AACA show, but for future usage as well. I know I've seen maybe one or two vendors with them, but I am thinking that as large as this show is, it might be a profitable venture as well as being beneficial to those who display their vehicles.

People used to offer money all the time to use our potties. Ussually we said no because the company would always drop them a couple of days before we'd get there and people thought they were fair game. Many times they were hogged up before we got to use them. Remember a potty on a vendor spot is PRIVATE! Chances are if there were more benches you'd never get a chance to sit anyway! Some folks park and never move! Umbrella and rain coat sales used to be pretty brisk. Could use more parts haulers,years ago the Boy Scouts used to do it!

Edited by jpage (see edit history)

Guest Lincolnman65

One year the Hershey Region put up a tent in the Chocolate Field near their cider tent as a rest area. It might not have been marked very well because very few people used it.

Guest Mochet

Some tents do have seats available. I'm thinking HCCA, the Society of Automobile Historians and several of the marque clubs, too. You could note them on your map and find the closest when you get tired!

Phil

Tee & sweatshirt stand that will print anything (within reason) such as "Metz Parts Wanted" or '57 Chevy Bumpers Needed" or "1929 Ford Coupe For Sale. 555-2234".

I like this idea. also healthy food and drinks.

Hershey has some of the cleans most well maintain potties I ever seem. a cheers for the region.

The AACA Library and Research Center "Friends of The Library committee is staffing a tent behind the library tent for rest, water, or a place to store your items you bought during the day. You just have to be a "Friend of the AACA Library" and if you are not; for $ 15.00 you can become one and have a place to rest and store your 'great finds during the week. Items must be picked up no later than 4:00 pm every day.

Guest kingsting

How about more food vendors that sell after 4 PM? There are still a few but most are closing up shop long before suppertime. Nobody eats dinner down there anymore?

All this talk of money making ideas reminded me that back in the 70's several campers apparently were setup as brothels and doing a nice business till officials shut them done.