Head gasket questions

Guest hearseguy27

Guest hearseguy27

Found some 2 spare copper head gaskets that I had bought years ago for my 1927 6-80 and was told that these were correct for my car. I have unwrapped them and there is a note that they fit 1924-1929 6-70, 6-72, 6-90 and 6-91. so I am guessing that it would be different than mine after reading the hand written note that was with them, but do all of those models use the same head gasket design?

Jeremy

Jeremy,

Sorry to not answer sooner. I'm on a long trip.

Those four models all use the same gasket because they all use the same Peerless 289 cu. in. aluminum six. Whoever wrote that note knew what he was talking about! Your six is a 230 cu. in. Continental flathead, I believe. In 1927, one could obtain a Peerless with 199, 230 and 289 sixes...and 332 equipoised eights....going up the line from 6-60, 6-80, 6-72 & 6-90, and 8-69 models.

Have you ever found out who the original owner of your car was? I can't remember who you purchased yours from 4 or 5 years ago,either.

Jeff

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Guest hearseguy27

I purchased mine in 2002 from a gentleman in Moses Lake. As far as the original owner goes, I have no idea. I do believe that whoever owned it in 1951 was a Shriner. There was a bag of cards advertising a crippled children benefit ball in the car when i bought it. If there is anybody that you know of that may have a use for one of these head gaskets please let me know. I have 2 that I purchased after being told that they would fit my car.

Jeremy