Holley Public Square

60FlatTop

My Buick Chapter friend Scot comes from one of those little towns with a public square and a fountain. Scot swears he never put a box of soap power in the fountain. I am not so sure.

The town is five miles west of me. Scot lives in the city 20 miles to the east so I like to tease him about the old cars in Holley, his home town. They are just parked on the square as natural as can be. Here is a pic I posted before:

post-46237-143139193555_thumb.jpg

Then today another popped up:

post-46237-143139193561_thumb.jpg

Must be the grease from Sam's Diner that attracts them.

I have Publisher and some other software. If I had a bunch of pictures like this I could make a calendar or even a neat book. Contact me if you would like to contribute pictures you have of your car casually parked in town. If I get enough to make something salable I will send the profits to the McPherson College Restoration Program.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

Guest Rob McDonald

I've seen that town square in a movie. Had something to do with lightning, the town clock, and a DeLorean.

I love your photos that I keep finding in the AACA Gallery. In fact, right now I have one set as the background for my computer at work. I would buy your calendar.

Thanks, Rob. I am honored that you like them. I always enjoy those casual old car pics like the old Main Street post cards. If I could get some of the club members cars it would make a nice book.

Another book I have always wanted to write is one on the unintended use of cars. The large cars converted to trucks and tow vehicles during the '30's, the Doodle Bugs for farm and plowing; my grandparents had a 1920 Buick buzz saw when I was a kid. I would love a collection of pictures like that to work with.

Here are a couple pictures I took on Main St., Saranac Lake, New York last year:

post-46237-143139194791_thumb.jpg

post-46237-143139194775_thumb.jpg

Yep, Harmony Mills at Cohoes Falls, one of my favorite places. I could walk around there for hours. I was hoping to get up there with my PA convert for the Eastern Regional. Back in shape now and back to normal.

Bernie

Another weekend and lunch on the Holley Public Square. This time we didn't see a Buick. We did find this 16 year old Chevy. Funny, it is just about the age my Riviera was when I bought it:

post-46237-143139203766_thumb.jpg

Just for going off topic with a Chevy here's a Buick on the Square:

post-46237-143139203814_thumb.jpg Bernie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...