La Crosse WI 2012 Central Chapter meet

40ZephSedan

On Sept 4-8 I attended my first LZOC Central Chapter meet and had a blast. Have been able to make many Eastern National meets since starting in 1985, always well worth the trips! The contacts you make, the help the guys all give and the photos, auction, flea-market parts, site-seeing just make it so memorable!! And the central chapter was the same. These guys: Jake driving up from TX while in his 80's, Lloyd driving his 39 coupe at 87 MPH when passing 100,000 miles to get the needle out of the way of the digits in the photo and then putting another 31,000 miles on since, Harvey driving in in his spotless gray 41 cab and pulling off all the body bras, tooling around town in the back seat of Chuck's '47 convertible with glass packs, two rare 41 LZ convertibles side by side at one show, picked up trunk/patent tags... it was a blast! Old ones, orig ones, and perfect resto ones. post-45349-143139193087_thumb.jpg I am going to make much more of an effort to make as many meets as I can, it really gives you a mental boost to get moving on our own projects when you see how "alive" some of our older members are!! And I was able to get photos of another 40 sedan trunk with the orig wood, carpeting, clips, strap, that I had never seen before complete. If you can, car-pool, split the gas, share a room down the street, beg-borrow-steal and try to make some shows if you have not, may give you a real boost.

post-45349-143139193096_thumb.jpg