wanted for 1935 Airstream

35cz8

I am in need of the center stainless trim piece for the grill on my '35 Airstream. This is the vertical piece that goes from the top of the grill all the way to the crank hole cover. This is the last missing part, that I know of, to complete my car. Thanks,

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob

Welcome to the lonely world of the 35 Airstream owner.

I believe we have one of the best looking mid 30's cars out there but parts are hard to come by. If you can't find one on Ebay ( there is a whole car on there right now ) you may want to join the WPC club Join or Renew Membership . You can search the roster for 35 Airstream owners and Email or snailmail them for help locating your missing trim. I believe the 35 Airstream had the same grill so that may increase your chances.

Good Luck

Mark

Thanks Mark. These 1935 Airstreams are a very nice looking car and that's what drew me to it. I have been a member of the WPC off and on for over 20 year's and it has been of great help to me. It seems this part is one very hard to find part. I bought another '35 CZ DeLuxe, many years ago, for parts but even that one was missing this trim part. I bought an NOS grill with a new crank hole cover in it several years ago and now am trying to locate the long trim for the center to complete it. Thanks for your response, I will keep looking I guess.

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

Bob,

Can you or someone else post a photo of the center grill piece for the CZ Airstream 8 as we used to have one many years ago here in Australia.

I will look through my bits and pieces once I have the information.

Dimensions etc would be handy.

Cheers

John S

• 2 months later...

Can anybody help with this part? This is about the only thing I am missing for my CZ and would love to find it. This trim is about 22 1/2" to 22 3/4" long and held on with trim clips that push into holes in the grill. Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Wow I checked that link. I think that guy bumped his head or misplaced the decimal point in his price. 32,000 for a 4 door sedan needing restoration is just a tad hi. I told someone before I would have to get 40,000 for my roadster to consider selling it and the motor, brakes, exhaust, Tires as well as many other things have just been rebuilt or replaced along with some rechroming and all new woodgraining and it has no rust or patch panels.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...