1940 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe PARTS NEEDED! Suggestions PLEASE!

Guest David Dixon

Guest David Dixon

Hello all,

We are restoring a 1940 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe with the original V12. This is my first Zephyr, and parts are not so easy to find, in some cases anyway. Surely someone out there has searched for these same items recently, perhaps with better luck than I've had. Please don't be shy; let me know where to look.

I need:

1. Divider seal: goes on the front edge of door glass to seal the vent window when it is closed. There is no divider bar, the vent glass butts up to the frame around the door glass.

2. Upper door glass fuzz channel: This is the channel inside the door frame, at the top, that the door glass rolls up into. It is a formed piece, to match the curvature of the door glass, and there is a triangle-like structure stapled to the channel to fill the gap between the top of the glass and the top of the door. See photo below. (If the photo actually shows up when I post this. If it does not, I'll add the photo as an attachment)

image.tiff

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can't put the doors together until I have these parts. Also, does anyone know of an online blog showing the restoration of a 1940 Zehpyr (Or similar)? I'd like to see photos of other peoples restorations, showing as many steps of the process as possible. Thank you all so much.

Sincerely,

Dave Dixon

post-54058-143139176299_thumb.jpg

Guest David Dixon
Dave...suggest you contact Merv Adkins , excellent LZ parts dealer in in LA area. Should have everything you might need. 909 980 1332. Also, join the LZOC if you are not a current member. Our website has an app. on it. LZOC members are here to help you.

John,

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate the help. I have been in contact with Merv Adkins, Earl Brown, and Chris Herral of Boos-Herral Lincoln Parts, and none of them have these parts. I understand, they can't possibly carry every single last part, but I must figure that others who have restored 1940 Zephyrs have found a source for these parts, or have found a suitable replacement. Thanks so much for your help.

Dave

PS- I am a member of the LZOC. Didn't know about the app though! I'll have to check that out.

• 3 weeks later...

David;Most of the part looks like beaded window channel ..I had a bunch of it a couple of years ago and gave it away..the top part of it looks like it is an added part either crimped onto the channel or riveted on from inside the channel ..Check the window replacement shops in your area and maybe they have some back in the corner from years past. Not the Glass Replacement Chains,they wouldn't know what to look for !!!

Dave, May want to look at Resptoration Specialties website too, amazing supply/varieties of window channels, gasketing, groumets, weatherstripping... Much of it is 50's/60's and trucks, but some 40's. Nice because they have dimensions/cross sections of many catalog items so you can see if something else is interchangeable for your needs. Paul

Restoration Specialties and Supply, Inc. 148 Minnow Creek Road, Windber, PA 15963 (814) 467-9842