29 chrys model 65 roadster help

The 1929 Model 65 Roadster the standard colors were: Chrysler light gray for the body (IM 680), Chrysler dark gray for the bead (IM 157) with an orange pin stripe.

The model 75 Roadster was Mexican Turquoise Blue For the body (IM 293), the bead was Sarasota Blue (IM 294) with an ivory pin stripe.

Check out the Auto Color Library to look at the the color chips to get an idea of what they look like using these intermix color numbers.

Having 3 Ser 65 Roadsters I can tell none of them had the standard issue Grey/Grey paint. One was Dark Green/probably Black fenders (now very Orange/Black), another was Blue on the body with unknown fenders/mouldings, and the 3rd certainly was Medium Blue with Black fenders. The "Medium" Blue is a nice color and I am trying to have it scanned to closely determine the best match. In the mean time I am viewing RAL standard paint No 5002 (Ultramarin) as a fair match.

My interpetation of using Orange on a 20s/30s car, is that bright colors like Orange would be very possible in the swinging 20s prior to to Oct 29 (seen a few apparently originally Orange, however no Mopars). After late 29 the ideal color is as mellow in various shades of Grey can be seen on typical 30 and 31 editions.