Please Identify-3

Earl B.

I'm posting the pictures separately so there will be no confusion between the pictures...my confusion, that is...

I know it's a Buick, and I'm pretty sure it's a Roadmaster, my father's favorite, but what year is it. The first 2 pictures were taken in August, 1955. The third picture in July, 1956. I'm guessing they are the same car? Are they, and what year is it? This is the first car I really remember, it was blue and white. many thanks, B

post-48053-143139168011_thumb.jpg

post-48053-143139167991_thumb.jpg

post-48053-143139168004_thumb.jpg

Guest shadetree77

This one is a 1955. It looks to be the same car to me. However, I don't know what model it is. The grill bar ornament is throwing me off. Upon searching through several pages of pictures the ornament appears to change design and orientation several times. Maybe one of our resident '55 experts can shed some light on the exact model.

Guest my3buicks

Unless the flipper bar on the wheelcovers on the Roadmaster was an option (a deluxe wheelcover versus standard) I would say Super since it lacks the flipper bar.

Well, I found another pile of pictures, and in that pile, I have found the positive answer to the question, taken in August, 1955.... I thank everyone for your help. As you can tell, my father was a 'Buick Man'. He also loved Lincolns, which I won't bother y'all with those pictures. I just wish my parents had saved a few of these cars for me!!! Again, thanks to all, B

post-48053-143139170792_thumb.jpg

Keith, I came along as a surprise after my parents had been married for 15 years, (I was the one and only) and yes, I'm sure I cost quite a bit.... When I was 7 I got an electric Thunderbird Jr. The Ford dealership had it, and I got it for Christmas in 1957. Of course, since Santa brought that, it didn't cost the folks anything.. hahahaha..... The way old toys sell today, if I had all my toys back, I'd probably be a millionaire... Lots of pictures of those too.... My mother loved to take pictures. My father told her once he wish he'd given her the camera and let the person who gave her the camera pay for the film and developing.... hundreds of pictures here, and so many I don't know enough about.... He had a 1948 Roadmaster convertible, a 1949 Roadmaster 4 dr. sedan and a 1950-51 Roadmaster 4 dr. sedan before these... I have pictures of the 1948 and 1949 and someone in town had the 1950-51 and I remember seeing it when I was older, but have no pictures of it.... My mother preferred 4 doors, he the more sporty 2 door models.... From what my mother said when she was younger and she was in a car talking mood, there was also a 1947 Buick, but I don't remember what it was, and that's another one I don't have a picture of.

My mother hated the 1948 convertible. She said when it rained, it leaked badly....

Again, thanks to all, B

• 1 month later...