seek part # for 1932 Chrysler generator

My newly-purchased '32 Chrysler CP (eight cylinder) is missing the generator. According to a 1940 edition of the Chilton Flat Rate and Service manual, the part number for a 1933 CT Royal 8-cyl. is part number 937L.

Does anyone know if this is the same number generator as was used on the 1932 CP?

This same part number is shown to have been used on the 1933 CO 6-cyl. and on the 1933 CQ Imperial as well.

Any info appreciated. If you have a generator, I'm interested.

Joe, Cleveland, TN

According to the United Motors Service Section of the 1924-34 Chrysler Master Parts List:

943-S Delco Remy generator

1932 Chrysler CP 8

1932 Chrysler Ci-6

1931 Chrysler CD-8

some of above plus 1931 Chrysler CM-6 also take 943-R

the Dodge 8 may be same, book not handy

I recall the 937 series use a regulator instead of a third brush

dep5, thanks for the info. Not being familiar with Chryslers of this vintage , this is quite a learning process for me. I was not aware of the two choices, a generator with a third brush or with a regulator. My car has only one wire leading to the spot where the generator was. This may make a difference, but I don't know. Oh well, more digging for info, more question to post.

Joe

dep5, thanks for the info. Not being familiar with Chryslers of this vintage , this is quite a learning process for me. I was not aware of the two choices, a generator with a third brush or with a regulator. My car has only one wire leading to the spot where the generator was. This may make a difference, but I don't know. Oh well, more digging for info, more question to post.

Joe

• 1 year later...

Joe

Hi, I just bought a 32 cp 8 cylinder and I find I need a new tranny. Mine is a 4 speed with free wheeling. Do you know anybody with an extra tranny? Otto