jack, tire pump and a flat tire

tcslr

I learn something new every day - whether I want to or not. Had a flat on my '29 Chrysler 75. the jack I use is a screw-style but I was wondering what did the original jack look like?

I had read in the owners manual that a tire pump was included in the parts - Boy could I have used it today. Here's the story - I unlocked the side mount but could not remove the bar. It was ALMOST out. Then, I got into a groove - don't you hate it when that happens-- and struggled for the better part of an hour - relocking, unlocking, trying to wiggle it out so that I could use the spare. Even called a freind - am I doing something worng/ 'No, unlock and remove the bar'. Eventually, the local police showed up - very helpful but there was no way we could remove that bar.

So, another call to my friend. And as good freinds so willingly do, he came to help. More struggling. All the time we kept complaining that if the tire was just a little lower........

That's it, bled some air out and out it came. So, drove it in the cruiser to a local comvienent store to refill it.

Jacked the car up - emergency brake on and in reverse -- and it starts to move. We ALL grabbed the car, then lowered the jack, found some handly rocks ( and a sand bag from a traffic sign nearby) to chock the wheels.

Then back up, changed tire - finally - 2+ hours later. The officier asked how long it would have taken them in 1929 to change a tire - told him, much quicker but they knew what they were doing.

Never made the Mopar show and I bet I'd been the oldest car there :-(

I learned A LOT today. Going to get some chocks ( for sure) and maybe a pump. Does anyone have a picture of what the original pumps looked like??

I am interested in what tools folks carry??

Driving them is the BEST part of this pastime :-) Even when they are along side the road. :-/

Tom

Guest Bob Call

I don't have any idea what jack and pump came OEM with your Chrysler. But, I remember back in the 40's my uncle (my aunt and uncle raised me) had a 35 Ford and he carried one of those spark plug pumps for emergencies like yours. Your can still buy them. Most alway listed on ebay. Handy to get you to where the tire can be properly repaired.