Throttle-Spark Lever Help

stakeside

I have a 28 DB truck with the DA 6 clylinder engine.

I need infomation on the linkage for the throttle and spark levers at the bottm of the steering wheel. I did not make a good diagram of the the disassemble.

Any diagrams or pictures would be greatly appreicated.

Hello Stakeside, if you post a good picture of what you have I may be able to help. I dont know what column or box you have in your truck nor if the levers or linkages are the same as autos. A picture is worth so much.

Hello Stakeside, if you post a good picture of what you have I may be able to help. I dont know what column or box you have in your truck nor if the levers or linkages are the same as autos. A picture is worth so much.

The two examples are pictures of the Victory engines but the linkage appear similiar to mine. I can't see the linkage connectionsbut the spark linkage appears to be on the drivers side and the throttle appears on the pass side. I can't see which lever controls the linkage.

The closeup views was my first attempt to connect the linkage, but dosen't agree with the example pictures.

post-71470-143139149673_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143139149677_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143139149682_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143139149686_thumb.jpg

Different gear-box ( as I figured ) than auto so not the same linkages. I would be more than happy though to show you what I have in my AUTO if you like?

Different gear-box ( as I figured ) than auto so not the same linkages. I would be more than happy though to show you what I have in my AUTO if you like?

You probably have a single linkage that goes to the throtte. I have seen others this way.

If there are both spark and throtte linkages I would like to see the linkage setup.

• 1 year later...

I started taking my 1931 U124 3/4 Ton truck column apart tonight. Distributor advance seems same as above picture on the car. Cable runs throughout Clum switch at the bottom of column. I have the light switch tube and advance rod out of the column. But have not taken all apart yet. It appears to me that the cable runs all the way up the column. But will confirm when I disassemble. I will need to find a replacement. The cable diameter seem smaller then what I have used for chokes and carbs. Will need to do some searching.

I started taking my 1931 U124 3/4 Ton truck column apart tonight. Distributor advance seems same as above picture on the car. Cable runs throughout Clum switch at the bottom of column. I have the light switch tube and advance rod out of the column. But have not taken all apart yet. It appears to me that the cable runs all the way up the column. But will confirm when I disassemble. I will need to find a replacement. The cable diameter seem smaller then what I have used for chokes and carbs. Will need to do some searching.

The wire in the tube runs to the horn button. All the wiring on my 29 DB truck was steel cable encased and I found it rusted into the tube. I was unable to remove it. I found that a straight section of steel brake line could be used. You will have to braise the four pronged horn button base to the tube. The tube is slightly smaller so the steel wrapped cable could not be used here.

What Clum switch do you have? Got a picture? I had to rebuild mine.

Here is a photo of the Clum switch. I will take some better photos. I think my cable is free in the tube. Only time will tell. I know how fragile the horn button an assembly is, so going real slow. I would be interested in what you did to rebuild the switch. This is clearly a collection point for grease and oil. I have to get it cleaned up and see what I have.

post-69599-143142365395_thumb.jpg

Good news if wire is free to horn button.

Rebuilding the switch was a bit of a trick. Hopefully you can clean yours up. What is the switch model? A number should be stamped on the switch.

If you carefully bend those steel tabs the Bakelite cover plate will be free. Take plenty of pictures for your records.

Hi George My Aussie Bodied 2249 Senior has Bakelite inserts in the door handles as well as the horn button and its surround I used a product called Purple which is a metal polish Started with Purple on some 1200 wet and dry to remove the excess oxidation and the polished them with Purple on a cloth The came up very good Hope this helps Ron

Try http://www.restorationstuff.com . They have an online catalog showing the shielded cable. Were you able to find a clum number on the steel casing? If so what is it?

Here is my switch. There is another thread on this item. My model number is 889. See thread http://forums.aaca.org/f143/28-truck-wire-diagram-292989.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]232902[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]232903[/ATTACH]

Stakeside, my Clum switch is 8821. 5 terminals but numbered 1 - 6. I believe for the horn button.

There are many different Clum switches. Most I have seen were square and not round. My switch terminals are for dash light, tail light and headlights. The passenger car Clum switch has an additional terminal.

The horn wire (D2) runs thru the center tube not from a terminal. See attached wire diagram.

Do you have a wire diagram? Will you be building your wire harness?

post-71470-143142375702_thumb.jpg

This one is round. I have the wire diagram from the instruction guide. I am going to do it myself. I have done several before on tractors. I do have what is left of the original harness. One thing I have seen to make it easier to do, is lay It out on a wall. You can actually lay the original right next the new one you are building.

• 8 months later...