window problem 46 conti

Guest samster1

Guest samster1

Here we go again...now the windows on my 46 continental go down at a snails pace (all three buttons) and up at there normal speed..do I need new hydraulics? Im making Boos Herrel a Fortune 500 company...

From what you describe, The only things affecting the window lowering speed would be windows binding in their guides, weak lift assembly springs or high viscousity fluid in the hydraulic system. The pump only works when raising the windows. ATF in the system will slow down the lowering speed when it's cold especially here in the NW.

Guest samster1

Hey Peecher you are always there in a pinch..I do appreciate your help..the strange thing is they both went at the same time...never had a problem until monday morning..both windows did the same thing at the same time...only thing I did sunday was do a quick car wash of the lower half of the car with the roof and windows down and I do know some water got into both doors through the window slot...I can't imagine springs or any fluid issues would go down at the same time and its like 100 degrees down here everyday

Guest samster1

thanks again to peecher and everyone else...we fooled with the distrib...and got the engine running smooth without hesitation...best its ever been...we will hit the feed hose next..after that I am finally done and can enjoy the car...except for rainwater pouring on my feet which I assume is bad gasket around fresh air vent..Im done..have to tie things up down here in Miami in case hurricane hits...now to get my 67 lincoln conti going..thanks