1973 Electra Limited 4 door hardtop

Guest BJM

Ben

It's nice for the price. Buying one in this condition allows me to chip away at issues and not undertake a complete restoration. In the garage in front of this car is a car that has been sold. Once that goes, it will go inside and get a car cover. I can detail the engine compartment over the winter. I noticed a small exhause leak I think at the passenger side manifold so those will come off and I will fix that. Cruise worked for a bit on the drive home, then stopped. So I will track that down. Those are minor annoyances. Exhause itself looks brand new. It still has it's window sticker and is heavily optioned and totalled $7700 new. The dealer ordered it for the owner and the dealer name and location (no longer in business) is on the window sticker and there is a badge on the trunk. Appears to have it's original spare but maybe not.

Guest Rob McDonald

"reminded me of the commercial for Cordoba"

Yaaz, weeth eets Coreenthian brocade... Lovely old boat, I mean beaut. That period of full-size GMs, '71 to '74, have really aged well, especially their thin-pillared, curvaceous greenhouse. They carry those massive Federal bumpers with unusual grace. Buick could have made these 8-passenger cars, if they'd just siimmed down the doors, like today's cars.

I've been noticing that Brown has come back as a colour of choice among new cars. Chrome's already stylish again and, mark my words, vinyl tops are next.