39 thermostats

zephyrdave

Dave, these thermostats slip inside the upper hoses and are rated 155 to 170 deg's. I rather doubt that NAPA still carries these? They were used in '35-'36 Fords and all V12 Lincolns. I believe Earle Brown can supply these but they are a bit pricey. They also made an aftermarket version where you cut the upper hoses and inseted them between the 2 halves of the hose.

Guest 1947richard

I found buying a late model regular thermostat and assembling it by soldering it to the old thermostat housing works.

What are you trying to accomplish with the thermostats?? They are designed to make engine heat up..

-Yes engine needs to reach operating temp for best performance.

-Yes, for "show points" you need the little signode wire bands on the hoses (I believe)

-Yes it had stats installed when new.

But- its not new, very few drive in zero degreee weather needing hot water heat, most v-12 blocks have some

degree of rust buildup inside uncleanable passages..restricting flow, impairing cooling / heat transfer..many radiators

have less that 100% circulation, less than desired heat transfer..very few spend much time cruising steady down the highway for

lots of air to pass through radiator...

So, skip the stats, let your car cool as much as possible..with as much circulation as possible..it doesn't need them to slow down

flow or any nonsense like that..but try 'em and see. I did and it raised temps 10 degrees..