39 coupe making progress

zephyrdave

WOW!! What is the car in the foreground, dk grey?? You are an inspiration!! I am pleased to see that big 12 going back in..so many of these

are victims of misguided hot rodders...Kind of like a 32 ford thing not enough stock cars left... Show us more pics as possible please..

cheers!!

Got the engine in place after a little fight with the transmission. Thanks for the info on the push rod. The other car in the pic is a 38 zephyr convertible coupe. It started out with no motor, no floors, no rockers, no nothing, so I made it into a custom, which might offend some of you. But the way I see it, I got the best of both worlds, a custom Zephyr and an original Zephyr. I would post some pics of the custom but I was told that they are too big, I have to find out how to shrink them.

post-51460-143139125929_thumb.jpg

I get the shivers just thinking about putting my V-12 in the air and moving it over the car. I'll also bet I will have the fight mating the engine and transmission together. I had a fight just getting the transmission back far enough to get the bolts into the crossmember, ended up raising the back of the car and putting stands under the frame to allow to rear axle to lower and allow it to move back slightly, problem solved.

Tom