1941 Chrysler Broken Suspension Part

Guest fustydad

Guest fustydad

My 41 Royal has what looks to be a stabilizing bar that runs from one lower control arm, over the frame in front of the engine and down to the other lower control arm. It's broken and I can't find a description or picture in my Chrysler shop manual. Three are a couple pictures showing the broken end on the driver's side and intact end on the passenger side in the member gallery. They are by Fustydad.

Guest fustydad
Sway Bar ?

It could be. I took a picture but haven't uploaded it yet. The ends actually pivot and are held in place by just rubber sockets.

• 4 months later...
Guest sigcorp

The part is a "sway link". I also have a 41 Chrysler Royal that I am restoring to an Army Staff Car to use at the Fisher House on Fort Gordon GA. When ever a WWII or Korean vet has to stay there while in the hospital, I want to transport them and their families around. This will give them a little taste of when they were active.

As to the sway link, I got a set on eBay for $20.00..You can also check with "Andy Burnbaum" who has a website that has just about every part for Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge, and Desotos.

Let me know if you cannot get one, I have two used ones once I am replacing mine.

sigcorp

Guest sigcorp

Everyone, working on their old 40s cars, I have many parts left over including escutcheons, in any color, and about twenty sets of door handles.

Sigcorp