Help. Need good gas tank for 1946 Lincoln conti

Guest samster1

Guest samster1

Hey guys

My gas tank filled up a brand new fuel filter in less than 30 miles...I need to replace or rebuild...any suggestions ..or an another brand or model fit and work. I don't care about auto shows I want. To drive.. Previous owner put god awful 307 v8 in car so another mismatched item will not upset me

Guest notnow

Samster; I had the same problem about 12 years ago. I sent it to "Tank Re-New",They did their Magic on it and I have not had a Problem since..They open up the top,clean all the rust ,put "SOME KIND "of Coating on it , Close up the Top and Pressure test it ..Call their Toll Free number as they work with Franchisee in different areas of the country ..I was Fortunate enough to have one about 15 miles away,so I hand delivered it and then picked it up when it was done..If you call their toll free number it rings at the closest Franchisee to You.. They have a toll free number and give a life time guarantee..The place that repaired my tank did an Excellent Job ---- CH

The Name They Go BY: RenU

Edited by notnow (see edit history)

Guest samster1

Thanks so much I see that they have a good amount happy customers...I've tried to reach them all day but no answers...thanks again

I took mine to an old established radiator shop and they sent it to a place in Cleveland that did as described by notnow. The stuff inside was baked on after being cleaned, and the outside coating was done the same way. It looks new and I cannot tell where they cut the holes to blast the inside clean at all.

Tom

Guest notnow

Abe; Radiator Shops Usually "Boil" out the Tanks which in most cases will get some of the rust etc...But What about behind the Baffles.. And what did they Coat the inside of the Tank with?? If the Tank was not Coated with some type of Gasoline Proof Coating,in MY Opinion the Rust will Return in any part of the tank exposed to the air..That's why those "Tank Cleaning" kits come with a coating to apply after you use the chain that comes with the kit ..Again In My Opinion​ this is a job for the Pros !! -- CH