MIsc Parts Needed for 1917 Model 34

dpeeler

Looking for the following for a 1917 Cloverleaf Roadster:

1. Dash instruments - all, including key

2. Wire wheels for 34 x 4 1/2 tires

Any other parts you have may be worth mentioning too.

Thanks,

David

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for the following:

1. Correct dash instruments including black face speedometer (with trip reset lever out the front, not below), ammeter, Waltham clock and Bosch magneto key. Have a Jaeger clock and Van Sicklen speedometer (white face) on the panel to trade if that works for you.

2. 23" wire wheels (have six drive pins on back of hub) with a 4" hub center.

3. Also need original starter, generator, magneto and windshield wiper.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Have found a good speedometer, but really need the Weston ammeter (+/- 30), Waltham clock, a correct fuel gauge (Tanner??) and a key for the Bosch. BTW, I'm getting conflicting info on the correct wheel size - some say 23" and others 25". Original 1917 Owners Manual says tire size was 32 x 4 1/2 which would make it 23". Hanley's book says tire size for 1917 was 34 x 4 1/2. Leaning toward 23" right now and understand Coker may be making rims soon. Any one have a suggestion?

While looking for parts, this Marmon is very driveable and I have had a blast driving it on the North Carolina back country roads on the weekends. I've got the double clutching mastered and, despite the hot summer we're having, this old gal stays cool and runs like a champ! I'm going to enjoy driving it until next summer (looking for misc parts along the way) and then do a restoration after the Muster in May. Would like to have spare mechanical parts as well, so if you have extras you would like to part with, please send me an email.

Thanks again!

David

dpeeler5@carolina.rr.com