1937 dodge brothers firetruck

Guest lowphat1

Guest lowphat1

hi im a new member here and have searched all over the web with no luck. we have a 37' and one of the guys on my crew shut the cowl on the engine and hit the radiator blade, which in turn hit the radiator. now we have a huge mess everywhere and a ruined radiator :mad:. does anybody know where i could find a replacement oem or aftermarket on that would work???????also looking for horn button cover. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi im a new member here and have searched all over the web with no luck. we have a 37' and one of the guys on my crew shut the cowl on the engine and hit the radiator blade, which in turn hit the radiator. now we have a huge mess everywhere and a ruined radiator :mad:. does anybody know where i could find a replacement oem or aftermarket on that would work???????also looking for horn button cover. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i used a radiator for 67 dodge dart 6 cylinder in my truck it worked fine with just a little tweay on side brackets new cost was about 110.00

Any good radiator repair/rebuild shops in your area? (What is your area by the way?) I know it would be an expensive proposition but that would get the radiator back to new - if they know their stuff!

Consider having the fan checked too! There could be some fairly hidden damage to that which in time could cause damage again when a blade flies off or whatever.

And depending on how hard of a hit the fan took, you may need to check the front of the water pump too.

Do you have an idea what the horn button should look like on a fire truck? Is it the same as the car button? If so, they are around. Just have to keep eyes open on eBay or such. Maybe someone here has an extra and could deal. We just need to know for sure what you are looking for.

Guest lowphat1
post-86965-143139107742_thumb.jpg the first pic is the damaged radiator. the second- pic i was just wondering what actually went in the whole in the fire wall. i have started taking the radiator out of the engine compartment but i cant figure out how to take the grill off to remove the radiator. i have unscrewed the three screws on the lower sides, but it still seems to be screwed in somewhere but i cant see anything. any ideas?

post-86965-143139107733_thumb.jpg

I don't think the hole in your dash is factory on '37's. I don't know what it would have been for.

If it WAS a factory cut, there would be a nice clean cut of both the inner cardboard firewall cover and the jute insulation behind it. I would also think there would be a couple small screw holes near this one to hold a seal retainer. Almost all the factory holes in a firewall have some kind of seal around whatever went through them.

Maybe one of the "fire truck" guys reading the Forum may know of an accessory used in that area.