1937 Dodge - Factory Photos & Proven/Known Correct Factory Info

1936 D2

This upcoming series of threads is for the express purpose of collecting Factory Photos and Printed Copies of known correct or provable Factory Information concerning the early models of Dodge Automobiles and Trucks. This thread is in an effort to provide searchable, clear, and easily found information on this year of Dodge products.

This particular thread concerns the 1937 Dodge.

Please keep to the topic and only post KNOWN CORRECT INFORMATION. If you feel a correction is necessary to prior information, that would be considered a post pertinent to the thread and should be posted. Off topic questions or subjects can be asked to be removed.

Please post your contributions below!

Guest 36 roadster ute

post-83338-143139105218_thumb.jpg

For those of us in Australia, this is a bit of a grey area. The local industry was more of a franchise operation with approved body styles. I suppose it comes down to which factory they come from. Attached are some images of the local bodies, I hope they qualify.

The first 3 are the 1937 MC Country Tourer,

The next few are 1937 Roadster utes.

post-83338-143139105169_thumb.jpg

post-83338-143139105172_thumb.jpg

post-83338-143139105177_thumb.jpg

post-83338-143139105185_thumb.jpg

post-83338-143139105196_thumb.jpg

post-83338-143139105205_thumb.jpg

post-83338-143139105207_thumb.jpg

post-83338-143139105209_thumb.jpg

Guest 36 roadster ute

post-83338-143139105319_thumb.jpg

Photogrophed on the streets of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Fully imported 1937 Fargo Humpback Van.

Hi '36 roadster ute

Per your question, the first three photos don't really jive with what I am trying to do here. I particularly want to only show vehicles that are FULLY original, not just the full line of models of cars for that year. There always seems to be the question "What IS the original way?" or "What IS the original look?". or "How was that done?" I am hoping to find photos that readers here have that are of the original cars as they looked when released from the factory or shots taken during the build. Also looking for any info of manufacturer or dealer letters etc explaining some particular feature of a car or truck. Stuff like that.

Your first two shots are of a VERY nice sample BUT are not original. There may be some minor changes done during the restoration and those could portray the wrong info.

(The third shot just doesn't count! You know what I mean! :rolleyes: ) But the rest seem to show original cars in their original (mostly) conditions. THAT's what I'm going for.

Thanks for the photos!

Guest 36 roadster ute

[ATTACH=CONFIG]146857[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]146858[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]146859[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]146860[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]146861[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]146863[/ATTACH]

I know the quality is not the best, but they are scanned from original newspapers. I hope these are of interest to other Dodge nuts. All Australian versions.

Click on the thumbnails as they actually enlarge quite well.

Not sure whats going on with the uploads, but they are there.

Edited by 36 roadster ute (see edit history)

Guest 36 roadster ute

Unfortunately there seems to be a problem with the last few attachments. I will try and sort it out.

The previous original tourer is pretty much correct. But i do know what you mean.

The B&W pics are of my utility the day it was disassembled and stashed away, and then on the trailer being loaded at the farm it came from.

Guest Kelsey
This upcoming series of threads is for the express purpose of collecting Factory Photos and Printed Copies of known correct or provable Factory Information concerning the early models of Dodge Automobiles and Trucks. This thread is in an effort to provide searchable, clear, and easily found information on this year of Dodge products.

This particular thread concerns the 1937 Dodge.

Please keep to the topic and only post KNOWN CORRECT INFORMATION. If you feel a correction is necessary to prior information, that would be considered a post pertinent to the thread and should be posted. Off topic questions or subjects can be asked to be removed.

Please post your contributions below!

Found this..

post-30646-143139117266_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mudgy,

All your info is interesting stuff but you are totally missing my point with this thread. I am looking for only Factory Photos of these cars. Stuff that you can look at and know specifically that what you are seeing is absolutely original and correct. In other words - a Factory Photo shows exactly how the car looked at the time of release. If someone can post photos of a known unmolested barn find of an absolutely provable, unmodified original car, those would be cool too! I am looking for the posting of the definitive photos of "correct" cars, historically, from their origination.

There are SO MANY questions out there as to what is "original" that these posts are designed in hope of finding out or "proving" what is original, because the photos of the vehicles posted can be proven as the original look.

As a for instance with your shots above, the bolts holding the parts in question on are Torx or hex head bolts. Those are known to be replacement and not original. So any parts attached with them are NOT able to be proven "correct" or "original" to the vehicle. Now if you found a '37 in a barn or shed down there, and the provenance you are able to dig up on it proves it has been untouched since like 1942, THAT would make one think that we would be looking at an original vehicle. Then we could surmise that ANYTHING we see is on it is original. (And even THAT scenario could be sticking our collective necks out a bit too!)

I think all of your information here trying to compare the differences of Australian made vs US made vehicles is a good study, but should maybe be in its own thread. I'm going for the PROVEN info here - all in one place - for any '37 owner's assurances of "correctness".

The idea of having to make comparisons between the US, Export and Australian models is a valid one and should be studied - but just not on this thread for the reasons listed. BTW: the data you put in post #10 is fine and acceptable for this thread. It is "original" stuff. Thanks!

Wait, I thought torx was original equipment??? Now Im confused :)

I was pointing out the hood catches, Einstein. Forget the fasteners.

And they're not torx, just socket head cap screws. The old cheese head UNC screws were cut off due to being siezed.

So you're not confused, just ignorant. Hence why I am ditching this site; A narrow minded one eyed boys club with nothing better to do than waste bandwidth with pointless banter.

I was pointing out the hood catches, Einstein. Forget the fasteners.

And they're not torx, just socket head cap screws. The old cheese head UNC screws were cut off due to being siezed.

So you're not confused, just ignorant. Hence why I am ditching this site; A narrow minded one eyed boys club with nothing better to do than waste bandwidth with pointless banter.

Wait, I thought you were done here?

Post 17..... 10 hours ago??? Just cant stay away?

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

1930:

You are one of the most boring, tedious, uninteresting, monotonous, flatteried, clothiered, snivelling fornicating liitle men I've ever met.

Thanks for the chuckle :)

Hey, Ill give you boring, Im definately not the life of the party, uninteresting and monotonous.....OK, yep, hit that one on the head too, flatteried, cloithered and fornicating I cant comment on though since I dont know the meaning of these words but sniveling?????Now that there is where I draw the line, see if I were sniveling I would report these posts as being a bit un-friendly, possibly even harassing and these would be one of the few posts on this forum that actually have any justification of being reported since they defanitely go against AACA policy but I wont because quite frankly I just dont care and these comments simply do not bother me.

If I dont like them than I simply have the choice of not reading them instead of pussin out and reporting them.

Have a nice day, gotta go to work

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

I was pointing out the hood catches, Einstein. Forget the fasteners....
Exactly. And that's where, as I mentioned, you are missing the point of this thread. I would go through it again - explaining the thrust of this thread - but that would be excessive.

You are welcome to start a new thread addressing the comparison of Domestic and Export or Foreign versions of the '37 Dodge. But that is not the purpose of this series of threads. Please take the time to re-read my post #16 for all the details as to what I am trying to do here.

And on a side note, the snipping and name calling is against AACA Forum policy and should be curtailed. You should not be frustrated to the point you have displayed here since I mentioned how your posts (except #10 which was sadly removed also) were off topic. I just tried to clarify the purpose of the thread which I thought was clear in my post #1. If you feel better about it, please repost the data (advertisements) you had previously offered in your post #10.

Please come back to the Forum and design a new thread where these differences between Australian built cars and US built cars can be discussed. This is an important and interesting subject. On THIS thread though, please only post photos and informational documents showing ORIGINAL '37 Dodge vehicles - including Australian & US - cars and trucks!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I was excited to find the original posting, since it sounded like something I could forward to my friend, who owns a '37. I could immediately see what the original thread was trying to accomplish - gather factory original, correct information to aid in anyone's restoration. Great idea.

Again, it took about three seconds to understand and appreciate the intent.

What a perfect example of both the huge benefit of the internet and it's monsterous downside.

Thanks again to the original author, please try not to be discouraged by the trivial banter that was generated. Perhaps when the dust settles you can try again, with a clean sheet approach.

I hope that wouldn't be necessary. I WAS hoping that most would see these series of posts for what they are worth like you did. I never expected all the "issues". It really is a simple thing - really.

So if there are others still out there reading this and would re-consider sharing the knowledge base they may have personally stored away with other '37 owners out there, feel free. This post (and the 23 others like it) will still be out there for your contributions!

Thanks!

And jeff... Get your friend on here! There is a wealth of information going on right now for those '36-'37-'38 owners out there. Hope he doesn't miss out on all this info. And I am sure he can contribute to some of the discussions because of things he has experienced with his '37!

• 2 months later...