1936 Dodge - Factory Photos & Proven/Known Correct Factory Info

1936 D2

This upcoming series of threads is for the express purpose of collecting Factory Photos and Printed Copies of known correct or provable Factory Information concerning the early models of Dodge Automobiles and Trucks. This thread is in an effort to provide searchable, clear, and easily found information on this year of Dodge products.

This particular thread concerns the 1936 Dodge.

Please keep to the topic and only post KNOWN CORRECT INFORMATION. If you feel a correction is necessary to prior information, that would be considered a post pertinent to the thread and should be posted. Off topic questions or subjects can be asked to be removed.

Please post your contributions below!

The third one seems to be a '35 and the fourth one is an artist's rendering which cannot really compare to a photograph when it comes to reality sometimes. I know...it's picky.

Yup. (Removed the photo that WAS #3. That photo actually was a '35!) The interesting thing there was that the '36 Dodge 2Dr Tr Sed uses the rear panels, trunk and lid, rear fenders and tail lights from the '35 model! Not fully sure why that was, other than to use up old parts. So that's why I had the shot in there. They looked so much alike from the side view. But looking at the front end one could easily see the '35 stuff like the grille and the chromed headlamp buckets.

The "artists rendering" is a good thing to bring up here too. They were done "pre-release" as far as I know and as you say were not necessarily accurate - but still historically interesting.

Thanks again for the corrections John!

Edited by 1936 D2
update (see edit history)

Guest 36 roadster ute

[ATTACH=CONFIG]146883[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]146882[/ATTACH]

More newspaper stuff, I hope this is helpful towards the info bank.

• 3 months later...

I have a rather neat dealer booklet for the 1936 Dodge that has a lot of great info and pics in it. Would it be ok to scan some of the pages and put the pics on this site to share or will I get blasted for doing that? Here is a scan of the cover so you can see what it looks like.

post-32603-143139262034_thumb.jpg

I have a rather neat dealer booklet for the 1936 Dodge that has a lot of great info and pics in it. Would it be ok to scan some of the pages and put the pics on this site to share or will I get blasted for doing that? Here is a scan of the cover so you can see what it looks like.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163591[/ATTACH]

I guess that depends on whether or not you agreed to not re-produce the literature when you purchased it

It has also aged beyond the original copyright so that is good. Also, this posting is for academic discourse which also is good.

It's up to you I guess. I would sure love to see them here! There is a lot of interesting data in those limited printing books that many of us would never get to see otherwise.

Well, I bought it on E-Bay many years ago with no agreement at all except that I paid for it and he sent it so here are a couple pages from the booklet and if people want to see more of it, then I will scan and post a couple pages as I get them ready. Hope they are of some help to someone.

post-32603-143139262367_thumb.jpg

post-32603-143139262355_thumb.jpg

post-32603-143139262361_thumb.jpg

I know that first photo will be of interest to some because it shows the correct look of the headlamp trim rings. There was some recent discussion about those.

Also I see some tabs in the last shot addressing the suspension and safety equipment, both of which had recent threads for the '36.

Thanks for the scans!

• 6 months later...