Pontiac Chief Hubcap question

Guest Ahamkara

Guest Ahamkara

post-86720-143139092725_thumb.jpgGreetings and thank you in advance for your interest.

I have a set of center Caps that are chrome and have Pontiac Chief inlayed in red.

I can not find any Information on them.

Sincerely,

D.Gore

Edited by Ahamkara
Added Image (see edit history)

The word Pontiac is spelled correctly. That being said, I believe they are original. There would be copyright infringments. Didn't GM have off shore plants in South America and Australia? Possibly these came from some where other than North America.

They look late 30's or 40's.

Guest prs519

I find it odd that they did not spell out Chieftan! Please do not shoot the inquisidor, but is it certain that they are hubcaps?

well i don't believe these are originals, as for the using of the word pontiac, the pontiac motor division didn't own the word pontiac. in 39 years of seeing every year pontiac that was made here in the states, i can say that i have never seen these hubcaps before. charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

Guest Ahamkara

Thank you guys so much for all your knowledge.

I have no Idea if they are hubcaps or not there are 4 and the inside is grooved and has holes in the inner lip, alot like hubcaps.

If they arent then what could they possibly be?

They were in my Grandmothers shed for 30+ years.

Thank you Sincerely for all your time and attention...

Guest Commodore
Was that affiliated with the Pontiac motor division of GM?

It does not appear to be. They were built by the Pontiac Coach Company of Drayton Plains, Michigan. See link to ad.

1955 Pontiac Chief

• 3 months later...
Guest Carl H Sturgeon II

Hello,

I have a 1953 Pontiac Pontiac Chief Delux T 45 travel trailer and those indeed would be the hubcaps for the Pontiac trailer manufacture. I would be very interested in getting additional information about those hubcaps and would also like to purchase them from you if you were interested in selling them. Even if you don't want to sell I would be very thankful to get a good picure emailed to me so I would know what to hunt for in the future. I have PM'd you with my contact information. Thanks in advance

Carl H Sturgeon II