1926 Dodge water pump outlet fitting

:confused:Enclosed is a photo of a water pump outlet fitting from my 1926 Dodge engine. A stud goes through the small hole to mount this fitting to the body of the engine. There must be an after market gasket that works well with this to stop water from seeping through. If so where would I find one, or has anyone one made up one that works. Thanks! Marv

post-71241-143139081267_thumb.jpg

Marv...I have the same "water elbow" on my '27 series (Sept 1926) 4cyl. Based on the air cleaner you describe in your other post it would appear we have the same 6 volt "C" motor vehicles.Anyway ,have you tried Meyers? They have the gasket between the elbow and the block and while I don't see it listed he may also have one to seal the stud? I haven't taken mine apart yet (doesn't leak)so I can't tell whats there (behind nut & washer on stud).Bill

As my engine in the '25 does not use this set-up, I have an idea. Go to your local hardware store that has the isle with the hundred or so little cardboard drawers with all different fasteners and so forth. I've seen a drawer that has different size white, Teflon washers. Get a couple, bring bolt and water neck with you to check size. You may end up customizing the Teflon a bit. When installing, coat both sides of teflon washers with silicone or Permatex form-a-gasket non-hardening sealer (the brown stuff), the first Teflon washer goes against water neck, use a good steel washer under bolt head with a smaller Teflon washer in between bolt head and steel washer also. Marv, this idea is only speculative on my part--it may not work. If you want to try another idea, use a copper washer, maybe like the type that is used on a spark plug, only thing is you'd have to find a small one and a good fitting one. I'm now out of ideas and I'm going to bed. (I'll bet everyone's glad to hear that!)

I'm sure Myers does sell the appropriate gasket. It's constructed just like the exhaust manifold copper ring gaskets. I added a little bit of red RTV on it and under the washer where it bolts on and no leaks...