Ok, I have a question about carpet hold down plates...

Guest catzsnot

Guest catzsnot

Those are the door sill plates. There was a company in North Haledon,NJ that used to make them and I think they are still in business. The last number I have for them is 973-423-1196 . The man's name was Don Kuehn. Beautiful parts...not cheap! Good Hunting!

Guest catzsnot

I have learned...there is nothing cheap about this car!! Great info - will definitely check it out. Thanks so much.

• 4 months later...
Guest 340duster

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread! I called the number today and talked to Don's mother who was really nice and helpful. Going to order a set for my '36 Chrysler Airstream coupe and my dad's '36 Dodge Brothers coupe tomorrow! Thanks jpage for the info!

• 2 months later...

My thanks to Jpage as well for this info. I called today and ordered a set for my 1936 rs cp project. I wasn't sure where I was going to get these sill plates until I saw this post. It's great to have this forum to help with these hard to find parts and all the great info to assist with a correct restoration.

• 6 months later...

Just received my set of sill plates for my 1936 Dodge and they are beautiful! I am sure grateful to those in this post for the lead as now I have another of those "impossible to find parts" for my restoration. Great work from Don Kuehn.

Here are some pics I just shot of the sill plates for a 1936 Dodge cp. They are not an exact copy, but so close that I am happy with them and the minor adjustment to make them exact and fit perfectly, will be easy to do. I put the driver side one in the car but there is some of the old seal stuck to the body so I could not get an exact fit right now. They will however fit once the body is cleaned up.

post-32603-143142025395_thumb.jpg

post-32603-143142025383_thumb.jpg

post-32603-143142025388_thumb.jpg

post-32603-14314202539_thumb.jpg

post-32603-143142025393_thumb.jpg

I was lucky enough to beable to restore mine to an acceptable state. I was curious if they were an exact reproduction or a good replacement. In your case it really looks like it will make your car look great. If mine weren't salvageable I would buy them. Fortunately mine were good enough to save. My car being a roadster, has a much taller sill plate. It must be something to do with the body construction. I'll try to post a photo of mine. I figured a Coupe and convertible would be the same.

I would like to see some pics of your's as I always thought the cp and convertible would be the same too. I have heard of a guy (not too far from me) that says he has a RS cp convertible and I want to track him down and take a look at his. It is my understanding that he has a convertible sedan as well and I have seen his business cp already at a car show. I want to get a lot of pictures of these cars if I can find him.

I was lucky enough to beable to restore mine to an acceptable state. I was curious if they were an exact reproduction or a good replacement. In your case it really looks like it will make your car look great. If mine weren't salvageable I would buy them. Fortunately mine were good enough to save. My car being a roadster, has a much taller sill plate. It must be something to do with the body construction. I'll try to post a photo of mine. I figured a Coupe and convertible would be the same.
Edited by 35cz8 (see edit history)