Northern VA-DC-MD IH Metro Van Owners

Guest brandonbyrd

Guest brandonbyrd

Are there are any other IH Metro Van owners a stones throw away in the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia) area? Would be nice to network with other owners?

Guest 68427vette

i have one,, but will be listed on ebay this weekend, just pulled it out yesterday., motor turns over jc -ohio

IHMETROVAN001.jpg

Had some time to do some more research. There are some other things that point to it being a later model. In 48 they were still using flathead engines, and this van has an overhead valve engine. Could have been updated at some point. Also the grille and parking lights are the newer style. Round lights instead of rectangle and the grille has the two wide bars in the middle where the older modles had small bars all the way. Hope this helps narrow down the year.

• 4 years later...
Guest Montecito Dog Trainer

Does anyone know where there is one for sale? I am looking to buy one. Body as complete as possible but I don't intend to run it on the original motor. Love love the one in this picture.

How much did you get for it?

Edited by Montecito Dog Trainer (see edit history)

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I found a very nice pair of IH Metro rear doors at an old yard in PA.  They have rust but considering how old they are the rust out is minimal.  The remains of the business name are still on the lower part of the doors.  I believe it was a laundry service truck.  The upper hinges still work and the door latch mechanism is still in place. The truck also has both side rub rails intact on the body as well.  I posted  pics if someone is interested let me know.  I know that the driver side rear door has a small hole in the very bottom.  From memory I believe the passenger side rear door has no holes.  I have seen these with the doors rotted completely off at the bottom these are far better than that.  I could get more pics and I would have to remove them if someone wants them.

Metro.jpg

Metro1.jpg

Metro2.jpg

Edited by mpneroz (see edit history)