Temperature Sensor for 41 Lincoln

Guest AZscott

Guest AZscott

Hi All,

My 41 Lincoln Cont. Cab has a faulty temperature sensor (mounts on drivers side of engine next to radiator hose). Anybody got a lead on where to get a new one? Tried Merles, Autozone, Pep Boys and Checker. Maybe did not know what part number to ask for...

Thanks

Scott

Guest AZscott

Thanks!

I should have mentioned (and yes I am kicking myself at times like this) that my system was upgraded to 12V. Is there a 12V version of the sensor? My gauges are now 12V.

Thanks,

Scott

Don't know if it would fit the hole, but 56 Ford was the one year where 12 volt gauges were used before they went to the vibrating voltage reducer in 57 on. 56 sensors were kinda large if I remember. The sensor is basically a variable resistor, maybe you'll be lucky and the 12 volt gauge will read with a 6 volt sensor.

The stock gauge will work fine at 12 volt if you use a voltage reducer. The later model 57 on sensors had a smaller thread, so you might also find a plumbing adapter to fit the Lincoln hole.

Abe

Thanks!

I should have mentioned (and yes I am kicking myself at times like this) that my system was upgraded to 12V. Is there a 12V version of the sensor? My gauges are now 12V.

Thanks,

Scott