1947 lincoln continental resto

Guest Roy47continental

Guest Roy47continental

i just inherited this continental and i plan on restoring the car but i have no idea where to start. any help i will appreciate very much, thanks!

post-86328-143139070383_thumb.jpg

If you don't have any manuals with the car I suggest you go to the LZOC webside, click on "sources". scroll down to Earle Brown's ad, click on it and then click on his price list. On page four there is a list of available parts books and service manuals. A fine source of information is a local vendor in your area by the name of Merv Adkins. Contact him at 909 980-1332. Definately join the LZOC. Local club members in your are are listed in the annual directory. They are happy to help "newbies" (if you are one). Does it run. or when was the lst time it ran?

If at all possible, fuss with it until it runs, even if poorly. You'll be inspired to finish the project, and have an idea of some of things needed. I'd wager you need a distributor rebuild, carb and fuel pump rebuild, all new fluids, and gas tank and line flush.

Abe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KHarrison99
post-86596-143139085874_thumb.jpgGood Morning, Let me know if you need any parts for your project. I inherited a garage full of 42-48 Lincoln Continental parts as well as 55-57 Ford Fairlane and Thunderbird parts. I also have a 1948 Lincoln Continental Convertible and 1948 Lincoln Continental V12 Mark I both needing restoration. Thanks, Kathleen

post-86596-143139085837_thumb.jpg

Edited by KHarrison99 (see edit history)