What is it? Found sitting in pine plantion, home for wildlife.

Guest sl8ty2

Guest sl8ty2

Thank's for all your replies. A friend found this car, I think I will go look and get more photos and maybe numbers, etc. Will post the results. Thank's to all, the 36 Ford looks like a good bet.

I have a feeling that it is a '35 Plymouth, too. I just think that the body is a little more angular than the Ford. My eye keeps coming back to the door handles. I think that they are somewhat longer on the Plymouth than the Ford. Also, while both Plymouth and Ford had somewhat horizontal stainless bars on theirs grilles, I feel that the one pictured is narrower overall than the Ford. Having said all of that, I 'll also add that I'm frequently wrong about things!

1935 Ford had the horizontal bars, but not the '36.
You're one of the most knowledgeable fellows on this site, so I hesitate to differ with you, but I had kind of ruled out '36 Ford because I think we would at least see a shadow on the lower front fender where a horn cover (or hole for one) would be. Keiser, another point that I'll mention is the upper portion of the door near the post. These Chrysler bodies had a nice window function that operated in such a way as to allow the front door windows to move backwards a little in their frame when the crank was first turned. After that innitial rearward movement, it would roll down as any other window. This part of the door is in shadow in the photo we see here, but I think that I see the extra width on that upper post part of the door that Chrysler product bodies had. What are your thoughts?

I think it is a '35 Plymouth because it looks a lot like this one and yes, it looks to have the extra width on the door frame. They had no horn covers as you can see by the front end shot.

post-37352-143139072905_thumb.jpeg

post-37352-143139072908_thumb.jpg

This photo should ID the car. I have more but I will need down size them. [ATTACH=CONFIG]143670[/ATTACH]

The numbers in the books I have only show serial numbers (located on the front door post passenger side) and the engine numbers. If you could get either of those numbers it would help more.

Guest sl8ty2

Thank's to all!!! I got an education reading about the Briggs Mft. Co. The old movies of Model T's coming off the Ford assemble line only tell a small part of the history. I appreciate seeing old cars, and my short time on aaca has given me an insight in the value of you the members in sharing your love and knowledge, of and saving of, these treasures. Thank you!

• 4 months later...
Guest TrueReb

If you can find the owner and scrounge any dash knobs off it (I doubt if they're still there) I need a head lamp knob and switch and a panel light knob and switch.