Need upholstery in 2013?

trimacar

This isn't quite yet a commercial post, so hopefully I'll be forgiven for putting it in the general discussion area.

I'm thinking that next year, starting in June or so, I'd like to start doing some upholstery work. That's a year off, of course, but we all know restorations can take years, and some of you might be ready for tops or other upholstery work then.

I can do it all, but prefer installing tops on early to 30's cars. Also enjoy doing leather interiors, can do (but not crazy about) fabric interiors, and won't do vinyl at all.

If you have a project that might need upholstery next year, keep me in mind, could work by hour or give a fixed price. Located in Winchester Virginia, and pickup and delivery within 200 miles or so is a possibility.

I have references and pictures of past work. Trimacar is both a user name and a verb! thanks David.Coco@comcast.net

Hi- yes, I'll do so this weekend, am traveling this week. I just tried to figure out how to upload pictures and it seems much more tedious than before the change.

Unimog had posted some pictures of his Buick at one time, I did the top on that, and straightened out some of the seat upholstery that had been done by others. I worked at White Post Restorations for a couple of years, my favorite job there was the 1910 Babcock touring. I've done a lot of early tourings, and also newer Classics such as a Packard Darrin and a Cord phaeton.

Pictures tell the story, I'll get some up soon. Thanks! David Coco

I'll get some of the pictures together and put an "ad" in the commercial services forum. I have pictures of other cars that I've done, will add them there.

Meanwhile, here are some of the cars I've done.

My 1931 Pierce, complete leather interior and top.

1923 Hudson, done for a local restoration shop, complete interior, top, and side curtains. One picture is of a cushionin progress for this car, showing the "pockets" in which each individual spring is encased. The request was for "minimal" work on the side curtains, thus the single plastic window in each curtain (still has blue protectant on plastic in pictures).

An Allard I did a while back, rush job, had to be done in two weeks so that car could go to Monterey event. Customer supplied red leather, blue welting, and foam for seats (I never use foam in pre-war cars).

And last for now, Unimog John's Buick, I did top, gypsy curtains, and rear side curtains with windows. His car already had the upholstery done, but I made some adjustments to the seats to make them more correct.

If your thinking upholstery sometime after mid-2013, let's talk about it! I've done enough cars that I can probably give you a firm price on work, unless it's something very strange.

David Coco Winchester Va. David.Coco@comcast.net 540-5331008

post-31482-143139071664_thumb.jpg

post-31482-14313907168_thumb.jpg

post-31482-143139071948_thumb.jpg

post-31482-143139071954_thumb.jpg

post-31482-143139071961_thumb.jpg

post-31482-143139071976_thumb.jpg

post-31482-143139071985_thumb.jpg