1950 Buick Special

Guest Mike1947

Guest Mike1947

Hi All

This is my "new to me" 1950 Buick. Overall in very good shape. I'm 64 and have been looking for an older car for many years. I'm kind of a Mopar guy, but when I was young, my Dad had a 1947 Buick and then a 1954 Buick and I always remember the 47. Enjoying the Buick and hope to help if I can, but I think I'll have many more questions than answers.

Mike

1950Buick001resize.jpg

Omaha002resize.jpg

Omaha005resize.jpg

Omaha008resize.jpg

Omaha009resize.jpg

Guest Mike1947

Ben

I am in Fenton MO, a suburb of St Louis in the southwest part of the metro area. I see you have two 50 Buicks? That's very cool.

Mike

Guest sconnors

Mike,

Beautiful car!! Welcome! I have a 50 Buick too. Love it! Great car, great ride!! Lots of people here to help out with anything you need regarding Buicks.

Guest Mike1947

Scott

I love that color on your 50 Buick! When I see old Buicks, I see that color, but not very often. I believe my Dad's 47 was the dark blue and his 54 was black. Seems like 55 was a point when Buick started to use more color. Maybe all auto makers did the same. Lots of 1950 makes seemed to have quite muted color. Your 50 looks great. I hope that I can learn more about my Buick mechanically. Overall, it's in good shape mechanically, but our cars are over 60 years old and things will happen. I'm excited to have her!

Mike

Guest Mike1947

Ben

I will be joining the national and then the local Buick club. Seems that on the local Buick club list, there are several members right here in Fenton, although I have not seen a Buick on the road. There is a car show the first Friday of each month here in Fenton, and I plan to be part of that over the summer and early fall (they quit during the winter). I know Springfield fairly well. My younger son attended Drury for 2 years in the past and we have actually gone back a few times over the years. We are planning a fall trip since we have a B&B gift certificate to Elfindale Mansion. Maybe we can get a look at your "stable" of Buicks! I'd also invite you up for the first Friday show, but I know it's a long drive for one evening.

Mike

Mike, there is a Buick club meeting at Love Park tomorrow (Saturday)

Here is the email I received with the information:

Buick club meeting at Love Park, this Saturday June 23, 2012 11:00 a.m. (bring your own lunch)

Directions -- Take HWY-270 to Manchester Road -- Go west on Manchester 1.8 miles, make a left on Mason Rd. (past Barrett Station Road) (immediately before the Lexus dealer)-- go straight back to last shelter on right, which is Muffin's shelter.

Guest Mike1947

Hey Guys

Thanks you for the comments. Not addicted to Mopar, just more knowledgeable about them. I can appreciate any make, but Buick goes back to my childhood. I did not hear about the meeting tomorrow. I'm sure I need to join the national and local clubs to hear about them. I wish I could make it tomorrow, but I have a nephew's graduation party tomorrow. Nuts!! Again, thank you all, and I know I'm going to have fun with the Buick!

Mike