Repair Manuals

Ron K.

Could you folks recommend some basic how to manuals for working on and repairing the 1940 Lincoln/Ford. For instance, while rebuilding other vehicles such as the early Ford Mustang, there were numerous manuals to lead you through the process step by step, be it brakes, R & R a transmission or rebuilding a carburetor. I have purchased all of the parts lists and brochures for my Lincoln but none of them have guidance as to how to do the job. I imagine that being a Ford product, Ford manuals could come in really handy because many of our Lincoln systems are Ford common. Somebody over the last 70 years must have put together a comprehensive manual and I would love to have it. Thank you for your help. Ron

The service bulletins have been reissued..they are great for background reading. the overhaul little colored books, red, yellow, green and black ..for fuel, electrical engine mechanical and drive line are real good..(note the green can be 6,8,or 12) The picture of the grimey service book is the issue from Ford Canada...(never issued in US) I bought a copy from Classic motor books ..this is about the best concise manual I have seen.. You have to get in the Ford groove to work on these cars....Ford did everything a little different (seems to me) vs other detroiters...

This forum has some of the brightest most helpful dudes you will find anywhere...post specific question. ..they will help...

Edited by Mssr. Bwatoe (see edit history)