car cover & enclosed trailer

Perhaps a silly question but when transporting your show cars long distances in an enclosed trailer do any of you also put the car cover on? This will be my first time using an enclosed trailer and in theory the car should be as dust frees and clean when I remove it as when I placed it in the trailer but I'd love to hear from others.

Doug

Doug,

That is a very good question

I wonder the same thing, but since I transport all types of vehicles

I would need to carry several different types of car covers.

If you found a manufacturer of a truly custom fitted car cover,

one that did not rub the paint as you traveled down the road,

I believe that would be a smart thing to do to keep the dust off

your car .....

Here is a Thread about Car Cover Manufacturers @

http://forums.aaca.org/f169/car-covers-who-makes-best-328580.html

Jim :cool:

Edited by Trulyvintage (see edit history)

We have seen cars where the paint was badly rubbed by a car cover in an enclosed trailer especially if the weight of the cover is concentrated on a few spots such as the top of headlights. We wouldn't do it on a long haul. A cover can also mar a convertible top, especially a white one. Maybe we would try it with a "felt" lined cover but why risk it?

Doug,

I use an satin styled "dust" cover when I transport my car in my enclosed trailer. It is the same cover I use in the garage as well. It is very lightweight and has a very soft lining so it should not create any paint problems. It works well as the trailer is not air tight. Have a safe trip to Shelbyville.

• 1 month later...

I have trailered both my cars covered in my enclosed trailer and never had any problems. If the cover is not flapping, how can it be an issue? The car should be secure enough where it is not bouncing. Therefore, it would be no different than having your car covered in the garage. The only difference is it moving without wind impact.

Ed Nieves