Looking for handles fr a 1927 Peerless 6-80

Guest jeremylund

Guest jeremylund

I have asked before about this but it has been a while. I am looking for interior handles for a 1927 Peerless 6-80. I am also looking for a back bumper if anybody knows of one. While I am at it I was wondering about the exterior door handles that are currently on my car, they are an oval door handle. Are these original? I would appricate any help that may be provided. Below is a picture of my car and if you look close you can see the handle.

Thanks,

Jeremy

peerless.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Jeremy,

Thanks a lot for writing us again and sending the great photo of your Peerless. I remember when you wrote before as "hearsecar27" or "peerlesshearse27" and later was disappointed when I was unable to contact you afterwords. Did you move away from the Medical Lake, WA area? I tried to find contact info for you a couple of years ago to tell you that I bought a Model Six-80 also. Mine is a 1928 Boat Tail Coupe.

I would guess that the "stirrup-style" exterior door handles are correct. 1921 Packard Single Sixes had them; so did 1927 Peerless 6-72 Deluxe 7-P Sedans and 1926 Peerless 8-69 Sedans. Generally, I think 1926-28 Peerless 6-80s had a plain ext. door handle...but you have a very special car [only known surviving Peerless Hearse; only known 6-80 with 150" w.b.; probably a custom professional car body].

----Jeff

Edited by jeff_a
additions & corrections (see edit history)

Guest jeremylund

I am still in Medical Lake but I have moved from where I was previously living. How far from Spokane do you live? I would love to seee you coupe, I really love the looks of those. I will send you a PM with my phone number in case your ever in my neighborhood.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

Thanks for the PM. That coachbuilder I couldn't remember was The Brown Body Corporation from Cleveland, Ohio and they built bodies for Peerless hearses and ambulances. Please see "Peerless Coachbuilders" thread here or coachbuilt.com.The body on your Peerless may have been built by them, as they built a very small number of bodies for Peerless in the 1910s and 1920s.

----Jeff

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)