CROSLEY NATIONALS

Time for the annual Crosley Nationals thread!!! Held annually at the Fulton County Fairgrounds, Wauseon, Ohio. The dates for this year are July 12-14th. Lots of activities, discussions and expert presentations, Crosley games, flea market on the 13th and 14th and the National show on the 14th. If you have an interest in Crosleys this is the place to be. Questions?? contact me or lookat the web site www.crosleyautoclub.com

I would love to know what ever happened to him. I seem to think his son was involved early in the 50's.

John was probably born in the 20's. He had his shop a couple blocks from the original route 66, and used such as his test bed for top end speed. Route 66 had a straight section 11 miles long of highway out of Bloomington, Il. the speed limit signs read, "REASONABLE AND PROPER". True story/fact. Bloomington is 127 miles south of Chicago on I-55, but lots of route 66 are still open for traffic thru Bloomington.

For several years the Unser family used a shop in Bloomington as their summer base.

Any info on the Mays family would be very welcome news. John developed a fiberglass helmet and spoke at local schools a few times.

Dale in Indy