1951 Roadmaster Project Car

Guest shadetree77

Guest shadetree77

Found this on EBAY. It seems to be a good, solid start for a project car. Barn dust and bird poop included.:D And do my eyes deceive me, or is that an old BCA sticker on the middle of the windshield?:confused: No reserve and it hasn't even reached $500 yet! Thought I'd post it here so it has less of a chance of becoming a rat rod or a low rider! I don't know anything about the car or the owner. You can click the link below to check it out further.

Buick : Roadmaster NO RESERVE Buick

post-75106-143138989224_thumb.jpg

I agree with Woody. Just fix the worst rust in the floors, go over the brakes & fuel system, and just drive and enjoy it. The body, trim, and glass are nearly perfect, other than some rocker panel rust (most of which is hidden by the rocker mouldings) and fixable floor rust. What a great old car just to drive and enjoy! I'm a sucker for these early 1950s Roadmasters but this one is too far away for me. Engine is probably in great shape with only 80,000 miles.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

1949 model 71

1949 model 59

1950 model 76R

and others...

Guest shadetree77

Agreed guys. Maybe a set of used tires, slap that hub cap in the back seat back on there, polish/replace some of the chrome along the way and enjoy driving the heck out of it!! Hey.....that sounds familiar....hmmmm.:D:D:D

Guest Kingoftheroad
LOTS of great detailed pictures but the SOLID in bold letters is a little misleading after looking at the floor and trunk pictures. Still could be patched and enjoyed though. I suspect it will go for in the mid teens.

I agree.

I can see this one being fixed up by someone.

LOTS of great detailed pictures but the SOLID in bold letters is a little misleading after looking at the floor and trunk pictures. Still could be patched and enjoyed though. I suspect it will go for in the mid teens.

Mid teens? Like $1500?

Oops...I just became the high bidder:rolleyes:

Neat car, it has some good potential, but as mentioned it being a 4 door rather limits it's value. I too like the idea of doing a "minor restoration" on it, and driving it.

It's only a day's drive for me! Whoops! Did I say that??

I'd love to see someone get it and fix it, rather than part it.

Keith

Lamar

I have 7 non running project cars, so have to sell (at least) one and opted for my 48 Chevy Suburban. But, it did not get too much action on ebay. I have somebody in Florida that wants it, off ebay, so we will see.

The sellers price is NOT an issue. At $1500 that car is priced right. Just space, never enough of it....

7 ???!!!! Dang that's more than I got, and all mine are one make and year. At that price you can afford a $75 cover for it until you sell something. And also, at that price, don't snozze on this one.

Guest Kingoftheroad
All right, who ended up with it???? Auction was ended by the seller because item is "no longer available". That usually means someone made an offer that could not be refused outside of ebay.

Smartin?

Keith?

Come on, 'fess up!

Pete Phillips

LOL....

Maybe the seller just decided not to sell cause the price wasn't satisfactory...