PARKING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for BCA Concord Meet

38Buick 80C

I am looking for a few more volunteers to help with parking and traffic control Saturday morning at the BCA National meet in Concord.

As most are aware we are going to have get all the cars on the showfield on Saturday morning much like they do at AACA events. Therefore we need a team of people to assist not just with parking but with traffic.

So if this sounds like something you want to help with let me know.

Here are some things to consider.

1. You will be needed from 6AM (for a volunteer meeting) through about 10:30AM (every car should be on the field by 10AM but just in case there is a straggler plus some time to turn in radios, etc.

2. If you are a BCA judge you will be in the judges breakfast Saturday morning and therefore gone most of the time we need you.

3. If you have a car that will need to be on the showfield that is not a problem, you will be allowed to park it at 6:30AM before we let the traffic in at 7AM.

4. You will receive the shirt as attached below as a thank you for your service. These shirts will only be available to volunteers and not for sale to the public and the don't say "STAFF" or anything like that. they are nice shirts you can wear again.

5. WE have a profit sharing set up where we are sharing 15% of the event profit with the chapters that assist us. You can designate a Chapter or Division of your choice and they will get a portion of that 15% profit split for your efforts.

If you are interested respond here or PM me. I will need your real name (not your Forum handle) and your shirt size, please. Thanks.

6-Buick-garage-shirt-cc.pdf

Edited by BUICK RACER (see edit history)

What if only one member of a ChapterDivision helps, is there quantity requirement? What if you are a member of many Chapters/Divisions?

Good questions.

I'll start with the easy one first. If you are a member of more than one chapter, division, etc you need to pick one, but it's entirely your choice. Heck if you are not in any chapter or division you can name one you like or donate to the BHA or something.

If only one person from a chapter helps that chapter would still get some portion of the profit. It may be a very small portion but something none the less.

So for example. Lets say 100 people outside the Carolina chapter volunteer (big number but easy math). Let's say 15% of the profit of the meet is $1000 (again easy math). and a the Buicktown chapter only has one person help; 1 out of 100 is .01 times $1000 = $10. So the Buicktown chapter would get $10, certainly not breaking the bank but its a little something and for the chapter that do supply a good number it could add up.

The shirt was meant to entice the indivdual to volunteer, while the profit share was meant to entice the other chapters (admittedly the more local ones) to encourage their members to help. But we are applying it evenly across the board so if you volunteer your time counts towards the chapter/division profit share.

Hope that makes sense. Not trying to make a congressional hearing out of this. Just want people to know their time not only benefits themselves (shirt) but the chapter/division of their choice.

Brian,I would be happy to volunteer to help if you are still in need since I will not be showing a car.My shirt size is XL and I would send any portion of $ earned to my North East Ohio Chapter.Let me know if you need anything else.Real Name; Rich Morton;)

• 3 weeks later...
Brian, I left Bob a voicemail regarding my grandfather's ability to help with Judging. Have you heard from him about that?

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner

Honestly I don't know on that as those are details Bob is handling as Meet Chief Judge. I'll see if I can find out.

• 2 weeks later...