V-12 Emblem - From What?

TexRiv_63

I just received this V-12 emblem and was surprised at its size. It's 6 1/4" wide by 6 3/4" tall, about 3/16" thick solid cast brass or bronze with chrome plating. It had three 5" long fine threaded attaching studs on the back, two of which are still there but bent over, I assume they are for radiator or grille mounting. I'm thinking truck or fire truck, maybe Seagrave? Can anyone confirm the make, year, and specific use?

post-51036-14313897625_thumb.jpg

post-51036-143138976258_thumb.jpg

My guess is that it's an emblem made by some artist with plasma cutter. Lately we've ssen this sort of emblem at various flea markets. Sometimes it's a Ford V8 or Chevrolet bow tie in steel, always larger than a factory logo. Nice decoration, but not automotive in origin.

This is definitely not made with a plasma cutter. It is a nicely chrome plated casting with finished sides and top. The back is unpolished cast that has been painted black. A scratch at the bottom of the V shows either brass or bronze under the plating. It weighs about 13 ounces. This was definitely used on some type of vehicle or stationary engine. Come on experts, don't fail me now!

Guest jim rosenthal

I wonder what kind of engine was in there. I don't think ALF built their own diesels- maybe a Detroit 12V-71 or 12V-92?