'36 C7 Airstream assembly info

Guest catzsnot

Guest catzsnot

Hi all - does anyone have any idea where I can obtain some sort of information on assembling the door/windows/locks etc? The manuals that we do have don't really show you anything and the parts aren't even the same ones that I have. I want to be sure we get all the correct weatherstripping etc. to go back on the car. How do I know something is supposed to be there if I don't even know that it's missing?! :confused: Any input would be great. Thanks so much.

I don't have one but what about a 1936 Chrysler Parts manual? Not one that fits several years or makes but an original 1936 Chrysler only parts manual? I have seen a few on ebay before and I think they were in the $30 range. That may have alot of exploded views of those specific assemblies. I know they do in other Mopar parts manual I have. I wish I had one I would check for you.

Guest catzsnot

I read your reply and decided to check ebay. Bingo! Just happened to get the exact one you were speaking of. $49.00 used - I can't complain about that. So if there is anyone who might need some info out of it, I would be happy to copy you all a page or two. Thanks for the info!

• 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest catzsnot
On 8/1/2016 at 10:20 PM, otto said:

Does it have a picture of the clutch linkage?  I need to see how the clutch torque tube hooks up.   Thanks,  Otto

I just now saw this reply... let me dig out my book and look, if you still need it.

• 1 year later...
On 8/2/2016 at 1:20 AM, otto said:

Does it have a picture of the clutch linkage?  I need to see how the clutch torque tube hooks up.   Thanks,  Otto

The clutch linkage is not shown in any book for any model.  The linkage changed depending on several things: couple, sedan, overdrive, convert.

Good luck finding parts.  I had to make mine....