1933 Dodge wooden spoked wheels

I purchased some wooden spoked wheels on a whim that were supposed to be off a 33 Dodge coupe. The guy said they were 16 inch. I measured them, and from outside edge to outside edge of the wheel, they are 17 and 3/8" across. Can anyone tell what the correct tire size will be? Also, it seems like the lug nuts will have to be extra long to hold these wheels on. The hub is 1 and1/4" thick. The wheel is 5 and 1/4" wide. There is a ring screwed into the hub to hold a hub cap,is there ever a chance I will find a hubcap to fit that ring? And if there is, can someone put a picture of one on here so I can start looking. Thanks, Guy

Here is the cap and wheel. I see them on ebay quite often. The wheel should be measure from the first reveal on the rim, so it is probably a 16" wheel by the way you described your measurement..

post-37352-143138959446_thumb.jpg

John...A little side question...

Is the color on that '33 in your photo original? If so, do you know what the color is called?

Thanks.

Sorry....I stole the photo from a Google search. I have no idea if it is an original color or if it IS, what color it's called.

I purchased some wooden spoked wheels on a whim that were supposed to be off a 33 Dodge coupe. The guy said they were 16 inch. I measured them, and from outside edge to outside edge of the wheel, they are 17 and 3/8" across. Can anyone tell what the correct tire size will be? Also, it seems like the lug nuts will have to be extra long to hold these wheels on. The hub is 1 and1/4" thick. The wheel is 5 and 1/4" wide. There is a ring screwed into the hub to hold a hub cap,is there ever a chance I will find a hubcap to fit that ring? And if there is, can someone put a picture of one on here so I can start looking. Thanks, Guy

I see these caps on ebay occasionally.