Artillery Wood Wheel rim bolts

Guest BobD735

Hi Larry,

You might want to try:

Ed La Bounty (631) 751-6173, for your rim bolts. He had the 7/16-20's that I needed.

Regards,

Bob

Hi Larry, I am sorry but I don't have any extra bolts like the ones you are looking for. When you are describing them to a potential supplier you need to specify they will be used on wood fellow wheels. You will probably be able to find something that is close but without the serrations you need for the wood fellow application. Smooth shank bolts for steel fellow wheels can be found with a little hunting, but the serrated style are quite a bit harder to source. I have a pretty good pile of Buick wood fellow wheels, but unfortunately most if not all of the rim bolts are at least as bad as yours. When I get to the final stages of my E 6-45 McLaughlin restoration I anticipate having to have the bolts custom made. If you find a vendor that can supply them from stock please let me know.

Greg in Canada

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

Thank you both for your reply. I will keep looking. The pictures of the bolts shown are the good ones. The problem ones are all rusted and gone where the serrations are because of being in the area of the wet wood felloe. I will try to post some pictures of them for reference.

• 4 weeks later...