1932, 1933 Chrysler Imperial radiator cap?

keiser31

According to the illustrations in "Motoring Mascots of the World" by William C. Williams this should be 1932 Chrysler. It seems to be the only one with an actual opening where the foreleg is bent back. The other years appear to have a web there.

According to the illustrations in "Motoring Mascots of the World" by William C. Williams this should be 1932 Chrysler. It seems to be the only one with an actual opening where the foreleg is bent back. The other years appear to have a web there.

Did your book mention 6 or 8 cylinder?

It only says "used for late CH and CL models". I hope the CH and CL tell you something.

It is funny the biasis that we have from our upbrining. I know that there are many good flathead engines out there but because my Grandfather drove many, and only liked the Diamond T or Pontiac it wasn't until after his death the I felt I could admit that Chrysler and even Studebaker built great engines al well an many others. We get too soon old and too late smart (at least most of us).

• 5 months later...
would you consider selling the mascot?

Sorry to get back to you so late. I will ask the owner of the cap to see if he wants to sell it. I am STILL trying to remove the wooden base attached to see the mounting style. It is REALLY on there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hate to keep you hanging, but I still have to talk to the guy. I also still have to figure out a way to remove the rest of the wooden base. That will help me to see whether it is an actual cap with the ring to mount onto the radiator or not. That in turn will determine exactly what the guy thinks it is worth. If it is just a decorative item without the mounting ring it will be worth a lot less than if it a working cap.

• 2 weeks later...

Have not done a thing on it.....still finishing my first tile job in our bathroom remodel...still gotta put the sink in. Ted...you are the very first on the list for the cap, so please bear with me and I will get you the answers about the cap. Thanks. John

post-37352-143139324905_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143139324913_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143139324922_thumb.jpg

post-37352-14313932493_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Ok - I am a buyer for the cap wood or no wood - as I stated before my antlers are damaged on the one I have for my car - let me know the price you have in mind. Price it as if the wood came off perfectly. I will take the risk of not being able to do so. AS IS WHERE IS ..

BTW Nice tile work

Edited by TedR (see edit history)

Recently there was a 31 CD-8 restored here in Vancouver that had what looks to be the same rad cap. The car has since been shipped to the customer in Seattle.

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you for your kind words about the car. I feel very grateful that was in the right place at the right time. I plan to keep it as original as possible.

• 1 year later...
Does anyone here know the EXACT application/year of this exquisite Chrysler gazelle radiator cap? The part number is 391151. It is larger than one that I had.

Hello! Do you know where i can buy this cap? We are looking for this part but we haven't find it!