1957 Buick Station Wagon

Guest NickySixx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NickySixx

Finally!!! Put some work into it! Spent the full day with my dad brother and even the girlfriend came out! Interior is out! Motors coming apart. We all kinda did our own thing all day. More soon!

post-85284-143139063443_thumb.jpg

post-85284-143139063448_thumb.jpg

post-85284-143139063452_thumb.jpg

post-85284-143139063456_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob McDonald

Great to see some action there! The floor looks pretty typical - lots of cutting and patching ahead of you. Let's hope the rot doesn't extend up the door posts. Looks like the engine was always closed up, so you shouldn't have much trouble pulling that apart.

The interior seems to be complete. Although everything inside will need replacing, you've got good patterns to work with. Here are samples of the original materials, if you plan to go that route. Your car appears to have that bone white and odd orangey-pink upholstery, a colour that was quite common in '57 Buicks. I've never seen it in any other car, though.

Does the passenger side front seat trim on your car have a badge from Ionia Manufacturing? They built Buick and Oldsmobile station wagon bodies for many years, from the 1930s up until about 1964. That makes these wagons pretty unique, I think - last of the "coachbuilt" cars!

post-59990-143139064582_thumb.jpg

post-59990-143139064592_thumb.jpg

post-59990-143139064609_thumb.jpg

post-59990-14313906461_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rob McDonald
add cloth samples (see edit history)

Guest NickySixx

It does say Ionia Body on the front passanger side of the seat. The interior is still okay enough to use as samples to have them remade which is what im doing, I'm salvaging all the interior as much as possible I also have perfect samples from the headliner.. all in contact.

Hi Nick!

Great story and a nice purchase, but first of all I hope your dad will recover and that this restoration will be a great adventures for all of you. The 57 Buick owners and the overall members at AACA forum is realy great. I have had so much help and joy (and still has) being an AACA member that you would not belive it.

I will follow your project with great interest and support. I can already see that you are supported by the right guys.

It is also a huge step forward to have someone from KANTER in the group, be prepare to help us out................

Welcome to the exclusive ownership of a 57 Buick!

When better cars are built, Buick will build theme!

Joern

1957 Buick Century Model 63 & 66R

Edited by Topper1961 (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
Guest NickySixx

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I haven't done much work but I will be going to work on the Buick this weekend. I'll be in touch and hopefully it's warm enough to get something done. I'm going to start disassembling everything soon and getting everything packed up for winter. It's getting cold and getting cold fast!

Thanks

Nick

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest NickySixx

Hi guys, Sorry haven't been on in a while. I've been mostly just working since it's winter and I'm kind of limited with I can do. In the mean time I started buying and collecting parts for my buick. I have coil springs & Isolators, Shocks, Ordering floor pans soon, Once I find someone that has the rears. I'll probably have to make them. Meanwhile saving for my engine and transmission parts.

Will post pictures of my front and rear springs tonight!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Rob McDonald

NICK, it's good to see you're out in the yard again, minding your Buick. Technically, "removing the front clip" includes the hood and fenders. However, you've accomplished much, by just removing the front blobs. Keep at it!