Supreme centering/longer wheel studs for -64 Riviera?

Guest Fragels

Guest Fragels

Hi

I'm new on this forum. Hope you guys can help me with our problem.

We have AWC Supremes on our -64 Rivera.

Until now we have been using a set of bolt-on spacers but they simply space the wheel out to much.

If we use a 1/4" spacer we won't have anything centering the wheel. Shank style bolts in a oval, poorly machined hole shurly can't center the wheel good enough?

So we think about using a 0.43" spacer with a machined centering ring.

That means we will have to fit longer wheel studs.

After some searching i found out what 0.625" knurl studs can be used.

We messured the rears to ~0,31" knurl lenght and 1" thread lenght.

What is the lenght of the front knurl/thread?

Does anyone have a part-no to a stud that fits?

Best regards

Marcus

Sweden

Guest REX STALLION

One solution I was told was to use Moroso wheel studs used in Drag Racing and have them cut down to suit . This kinda put me off but I guess it would work. I too would like to know how others have mounted Supremes

Have you checked the wheel itself to see if the opening couldn't be machined to go over the existing hub? That would give you perfect centering.

Here is a totally different approach. What is the possibility of finding the front hubs and a rear axle assembly from a '65 Riviea. In '65 the hubs are smaller than the hubs on a 63/64 and they could possible fit in the wheel as it is. I don't have any of the dimensions but if the bearings are the same for '64 and '65, you might only need to swap out the rear axles.

Ed

Another solution might be to have some bespoke made spacers that have the large bore size on the backside to engage the hub and the corresponding Supreme sized ridge on the fronts to engage the wheels.

Fred Geoske at WheelAdapter.com is your number one source for wheel adapters, wheel spacers, used wheels, and wheel studs. is a good source.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Fragels

Lifting this thread.

We ended up with a set of watercut 7 mm aluminium spacers. 1/4" (6.35 mm) spacers as most people claim they use is not thick enough in the rear (hub hight 6.54 mm on our Rivi).

The sloted Supremes only centers on the lugs.

We have only been on a short drive but everything seams fine so far. No vibratins or shaking.

Thanks for the help guys!

• 2 years later...
Fragels, where did you get your spacers? I need to order a pair. Thanks for your help!

@ Patrickaturner, there is a 1/4" spacer you can buy from Summit for example.

I needed to replace the studs, which became to short with a spacer.. Found this studs in picture attached from MOSER, but I need to check my files to make sure correct Part Number, if you want me to.

post-103683-143142931757_thumb.png

post-103683-143142931698_thumb.jpg

post-103683-143142931729_thumb.jpg

Hello patrickaturner,

I've bought the car with the Supreme Chrome Wheels on it, as well as the spacer. The spacer has a 90mm (3,54") inner diameter. Not sure if this diameter was machined afterwards.

I've using longer bolts in conbination with this spacer: Summit MSR-8250 were the longest studs I could find.

@ 64Riviera, I have the same problem with tire rubbing on inner fender when driving back with maximum wheel turned in. Thanks for the helpful link

I have a rubbing problem using stock 6" Buick rims with 227/70R15 tires on my '63. It rubs the head of a rivet on full lock to the left. The only time I need to turn full lock is if I'm trying to parallel park so I don't worry about it. There's been no adverse wear on the tire either. I just have a shiny rivet head.

Ed