Help Us ID This Priceless Photo

Guest T-Head

Guest T-Head

kids-tom1.jpg

We are trying to find out the maker of the child's speedster seen in this photo, and check out the two little boys wearing dresses (common at the time). There are more details along with three enlargements you can study at The Old Motor

In the post we are also announcing an upcoming fund raiser for the Mc Pherson College Restortion Program to help them purchase a piece of equiptment that we hope you can help us with soon.

Edited by T-Head (see edit history)

How cool! Why aren't the boys smiling! I would be grinning from ear to ear if I had that machine! Oh, if I had to wear a dress I would be frowning too!

David, I don't want to hijack your thread but I cannot find any info on this REO go kart I own...it looks too perfect not to be a "factory" model but no one seems to have any history. The back portion is a REO lawnmower part.

Hopefully someone has info on both!

post-30866-143138948032_thumb.jpg

Guest T-Head
How cool! Why aren't the boys smiling! I would be grinning from ear to ear if I had that machine! Oh, if I had to wear a dress I would be frowning too!

David, I don't want to hijack your thread but I cannot find any info on this REO go kart I own...it looks too perfect not to be a "factory" model but no one seems to have any history. The back portion is a REO lawnmower part.

Hopefully someone has info on both!

Steve, What a nice piece, do you think it is manufactured or homemade?

I will post yours on The Old Motor tomorrow, do you know any details about where it came from?

It looks a thousand times nicer than the one below I built below with may dads help in 1962.

Full details of this concoction I call the U.S. Plywood special and its construction are also on The Old Motor today

Gocart.jpg

Edited by T-Head (see edit history)

David, it looks factory made...the REO engine plate seems to indicate it was made in the 50's. The rear wheels say REO. However, it possibly was made by a superb craftsman...great gauges and levers on dash, trim, etc. Your go cart is mighty cool as well...do you still have it?

Guest T-Head
David, Your go cart is mighty cool as well...do you still have it?
T-Head, I think you and your dad did a great job on the one you two made.

And I wonder....who is looking for their missing steering wheel??? :D

Steve and Susan......Thanks for the kind words about my go cart. Unfortunately it went to greener pastures when my parents had to move 25 years ago. I look at a picture of it daily as it is at the very top of my toolbox here in the shop and have great memories of it.

I updated the post on the little peoples cars here on The Old Motor and included a photo of the Reo, hopefully one of our readers will know more??